6: Children are evil. Peasants are evil. Peasant children are the evilest!

She pointed to the owner accusingly. "This shop owner that you see before you is nothing but a swindler! Today we tested his so-called "Phoenix Grass" but I can assure you that all products that we can see here are fakes because every single one is either the wrong shape, size, scent or colour! When I tried to get a closer look at the herbs earlier, he accused a small innocent child like myself, of being a thief and tried to report me to the authorities to conceal his crimes! This pig in human guise is nothing short of a monster that robs you of your lifespan and money by selling you low quality imitation herbs to fatten up his own figure and wallet!"

"What?!"

"How despicable!"

A harrowed looking woman emerged from the crowd. "Three days ago my husband and I gathered our life-savings together to buy a few sprigs of medicine for our sick daughter. Do you mean to tell me those were fake too?! Are you the reason why my daughter is coughing up buckets full of blood?! Are you?!!!"

At her words, the crowd became appalled.

"You godless son of a-!"

"Holy f***! I bought herbs from this morning do you think they're fake too?!

"Give me back my money you shady a**hole!"

The crowd closed in on the owner who had broken out into cold sweat and was shaking profusely. "Please you have to believe me! There was-there was a misunderstanding! Please don't hurt me!"

"You have some gall to ask us that when you nearly killed us and our loved ones with your fake herbs!"

"If I don't beat you half to death today, my late mother will surely come back to haunt me for letting such scum roam our streets!"

Desmia observed the chaos unfolding in front of her for a long moment before slinking off into the streets unconcernedly.

Foolish human. It was your loss the moment you decided to cross paths with a god! Be glad I don't have my magical capabilities in this mortal vessel yet, otherwise I would have beaten you to the brink of death, and then healed you, just so I could beat you all over again, myself!

Sometime later, a portly middle aged ex-merchant who had been beaten black and blue by an incensed mob, was being dragged out by the local authorities whilst incoherently muttering something along the lines of, "Children are evil. Peasants are evil. Peasant children are the evilest!"

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

After wandering around the marketplace place for a while longer, Desmia felt her stomach rumbling.

Desmia frowned as she gazed at her abdomen. Seriously? This body needs refuelling already? It's only been a few hours!

Although some time had passed since she awoke as Marysol, Desmia still wasn't used to the fact that her present self actually needed to regularly consume food in order to survive.

How do humans get anything done when they need to eat and sleep so often?!

At that moment, an energetic child pulling her an older woman's hand pushed past Desmia.

"Mama, hurry the meat skewers are over here!" The child laughed happily. "Meat skewers! Meat skewers!"

Ahead, Desmia saw a crowd of people lining up in front of a stand selling grilled meat skewers. As the smell of freshly grilled meats and fragrant spices wafted over to her, Desmia unconsciously swallowed her saliva.