21: You irrational humans are into some pretty strange things.

"Goodness, that sounds like quite a predicament." When she finished cleaning the table, Sherry took out a handkerchief to wipe her hands.

"Not to worry though, we have many books that I think will surely interest you two. It is marvellous that you children have developed an interesting in reading! In my opinion, books are the most precious treasures that one can own."

Her voice was wistful as she went on, "The world of fiction is particularly fascinating do you not agree?"

Desmia beamed. "I agree! Books are so amazing! I'm super glad that Uncle Kale got us into reading!"

Sherry turned to Kale whilst still wiping her hands with a warm gaze causing the latter to look away bashfully.

At this display, Desmia turned her head to the side and smirked. With that it seems like not only does Kale enjoy reading just as much as her, he's also great with kids. Plus ten points for eligibility! Fulfilling our objectives is simply too easy for someone as capable as myself.

As determined by Desmia, Saffron, and Tarragon, the acknowledged shrewd members of the household, there were a few interrelated objectives that needed to be achieved if they wanted to help Kale capture Sherry's heart.

Firstly, it was critical for them to figure out how Sherry currently felt about Kale. What sort of position did he occupy in her heart, if any? Did she see him as a potential suitor or a friend she sometimes met? Depending on how she felt, the approach they'd take would be different.

Beyond that they had to learn more about Sherry as a person as well. Kale was able inform them of everything he knew but they couldn't be satisfied with only that much. Everything from Sherry's preferred dressing style to her life goals and aspirations needed to carefully researched. From this, they'd be able to ascertain the traits that Sherry would want in an ideal life partner and tailor Kale into that ideal.

Even if they should discover that in fact Sherry was already enamoured of Kale, it still wouldn't hurt to have this information as they could always help Kale become even more attractive in his true love's eyes. Feelings were boundless and as such, they could always deepen.

When Sherry had finished wiping her hands thoroughly, she neatly folded up her handkerchief into a perfect rectangle and slipped it into her pocket. "Would I be correct to assume that you would be looking for more hero stories today?"

"Yeah! Heroes are the best!" exclaimed Desmia. "Right, Ferris?"

Ferris expressed his agreement with a nod.

After tucking in her chair, Sherry stood up and indicated for the three of them to follow her to the bookshelf that was the closest to them.

As she spoke, Sherry habitually straightened out the spines of the books. "I believe the books that you are searching for will likely be found on this shelf as this is where we house our books for children. Within this collection are many storybooks that feature heroes, dragons, princesses, knights and the like."

She directed their attention to the bottom three rows of books. "If you take a look on the lower shelves, you will find quite a few storybooks that harbour beautiful and vibrant illustrations."

Just as Sherry was about to offer her personal recommendations, the front door opened with a thunderous bang.

"Demi! Merlot! Little Sherry! Is anyone in?" Typical of an elderly man, the newly entered customer's voice was adenoidal and louder than necessary.

Sherry stepped out from behind the row of bookshelves and revealed herself. "Grandpa Chenin, welcome. It is nice to see you again."

"Little Sherry!" Grandpa Chenin sighed with relief. "Thank heavens you're here! There's been an emergency and you have to help me!"