14: Have you any pride left as a member of the aristocracy?

"Ta-da! It's pretty isn't it?"

Contrary to their expectations, Desmia hadn't been holding onto an elixir or a pill but a clay flower pot. Inside the pot was some soil and a rose plant. What was remarkable about these roses was that its petals were a stunning shade of blue!

Once everyone got a good look at the pot, Desmia placed it down on the dining room table.

"Woooooooow! It is pretty!" gushed Brie as she moved over to touch the anomalous rose blossoms. "Are these real, young mistress?!"

"You know it."

As a gardener, Kale was fascinated. "Whoa! How did you manage to grow blue roses, young mistress?"

"I didn't grow these blue roses," Desmia elucidated. "I injected a special formula that I perfected into some red roses to make them blue. It took me a few days to develop a formula that would leave a rich and pigmented colour payoff while not harming the plant itself, but the final results are pretty impressive, hm?"

"The roses are truly exquisite, young mistress," remarked Tarragon heartily. "I never thought that I would get to see the symbol of the Fairbloom family in the flesh. It is my life's honour."

"As expected of you, Tarragon. You've already seen through my source of inspiration."

"Tarragon is impressive as usual but you're rather amazing yourself for being able to make such a thing, young mistress!" effervesced Brie.

"You know what else is neat about these?" Desmia's expression was haughty as she divulged, "After cutting the stems, they're able to last six whole days without sunshine or water."

"That's incredible!" praised Kale loudly. "Cut roses barely last three days with water! Is that the formula's work too?"

"Yup."

"My, that certainly is incredible," agreed Saffron as she busily set the table with Brie's assistance.

"That's why they'll be sure to make a profit when we sell them!" exclaimed Desmia.

"What? You want to sell these, young mistress???" Brie was visibly befuddled.

"Mhmm."

"Uhh...how?" asked Kale.

"How does one sell anything, Kale?" Desmia gave Kale a friendly slap on the back as if punishing him for being slow on the uptake. "Obviously, we're going to bring them to the marketplace! Well, that's where we'll start anyways, eventually I plan on setting up a shop!"

"A shop?" echoed Brie dumbly.

"Yes, a shop! It'll take some time but once we manage to start paying off some of our current debts, it'll be easy for us to begin investing in a shop. The sooner we can start, the better! So let's start working out the details!" When she saw that there was not a sense of urgency amongst the people gathered, Desmia added with some dissatisfaction, "That means right now, people!"

"Now, hold on there, young mistress," opened Saffron. "I don't believe there shall be any planning to be done until you have sat down and had your morning meal."

"We don't have time for that, Saffron!" objected Desmia impatiently.

"Nonsense! There is always time to sit down and have a proper meal, young mistress. Today we're having grass porridge. I recalled that you were rather fond of it, weren't you?"

"Yeah, grass porridge is fine and all but now's not the time for eating, Saffron! Now's the time for planning!" stressed Desmia.

"It'll be fine to plan after you eat. Am I right to assume you haven't washed up yet? I'm right, aren't I? Why don't you proceed with that first, young mistress?" suggested Saffron as she doled out portions of porridge into bowls. "I'll pour the porridge into your bowl now so that when you return, fresh and clean, the porridge will be warm but not too hot. Kale, would you mind putting the young mistress' roses off to one side so we can make room for the bowls?"