~46~

As they laid there Rebecca couldn't help but ask, "Tell me you're not a dream." She felt him laugh beneath her. She sat up. "I'm serious." he rubbed his hand down her arm.

"Why would you think I was?" she flushed with embarrassment.

"You remind me on characters in my books. You say the most romantic things, you're brilliant, and most of all you're not afraid. Of anything. i'm terrified that one day I'm going to wake up and this will all just be a dream. That you're not real." They sat quietly for a few moments before Rebecca couldn't stand it anymore. She looked at him desperately, "say something, please." She begged.

"You're wrong." he whispered.

"About?"

"I am scared of something." He slowly sat up so he could face her, "I'm scared to lose you."

"Why?!" Rebecca was flabbergasted! afraid of losing someone as dull and boring as her? Absurd.

"Why wouldn't I be afraid of losing you?" He scoffed, "You're beautiful. You're brilliant. You have a way of bringing light to the darkest situations. You're kind. you'd protect anyone no matter what they do to you. You have done nothing but make my life better. My life has no meaning without you. I love you." He stated this matter of factually. As if there was no other option.

"This," she whispered breathlessly, "this is why I think you're a dream."

"Let me prove to you I'm not." he stated reaching up to bring their lips together. And so they drifted off into their perfect version of forever.