Chapter 2

It was Saturday at noon and I was in the bathroom straightening my hair. I was dressed in a Lakers jersey I'd had since I was in high school and a pair of tight jeans. I'd put on eyeliner and mascara with margarita flavored Chapstick. I finally had my hair successfully flattened and I pulled part of it back and bobby pinned it behind my head making a small poof. I smiled in the mirror feeling like I looked nice all things considered.

"Brianna, Wesley's here to pick you up." Shayla said popping her head into my room as I pulled my purple high tops on.

"Coming." I smiled standing up.

I went to the living room where Wes was laying on the couch. His outfit consisted of the Heat jersey with his last name and D. Wade's number and a pair of jeans. He looked good of course. He sat up when I came into the room and smiled. "Hey you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just have to grab my bag." I said picking it up out of the chair.

"See ya Shay." We called simultaneously to her through the house.

Wesley opened my door for me to get in his car. I sat and he closed the door and got in behind the wheel. He turned the radio down and looked over at me. "Not that I mind but why am I going to this with you?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"I mean we aren't exactly super close so it's just kind of random and I assumed there's more to the story?" He guessed.

"Fine. My boyfriend Dylan dumped me and we bought these tickets together. I still wanted to go but I didn't want to risk seeing him with a girl and be alone." I explained.

"Ahh, so I'm playing the part of sexy rebound boyfriend this evening." He smirked.

"Sorry I'm kinda using you, but you do get to go to the game, and no one said you were sexy mister Stromberg." I smiled patting his shoulder.

He started the car and began to drive. "My fans tell me I'm sexy all the time Brianna, and I don't mind at all. This should be fun." He chuckled.

He parked in a parking garage near the arena and we got out of the car. We walked out standing next to each other and he looked around carefully before entering a small Mexican restaurant.

"Looking for someone?" I asked looking around seeing we were practically the only two people here.

"No. It's just, uh well. Okay, so I'm kinda using you too." He looked up sheepishly. "I'm sorry about your boyfriend and if I'd known about that I wouldn't have done what I did. I just need some publicity since Carly and I split up I haven't had a relationship and our publicity has dropped fifteen percent. So when you asked me to come I thought it'd be great to have the publicity back." He explained.

I couldn't be mad because I'd basically done something similar to him. Yeah his was a bigger deal but it was the same principle. "I'm not mad." I smiled letting him off the hook. "We can call it even." I smiled.

The hostess seated near the window and we ordered. She nodded and left us alone again.

"So you're cool with playing along?" He asked still not convinced.

"As long as you are." I nodded as the waitress brought us our drinks.

"This could be the start of something great." He laughed. "I don't understand how we never hung out really. I mean Shay talks about you all the time but you're never around."

"I work a lot and I used to spend my free time with Dylan." I sighed thinking about how he'd take me to dinner and then we'd go to the beach.

"Hey, it's alright." Wes grabbed my hand on the table making me smile. "The more you think about him the more it'll hurt."