이십구

my senses went numb.

he hid a nightmare away, tucked under cotton sleeves, and topped off with a dazzling smile.

"t-taehyung, who?" i stuttered, the pain of my wounds increasing ten fold as my eyes darted to every slash, every cut, every bruise, and every other mark littered on him. my heartbeat went rouge.

"long ago there was a bad, bad man in my life," taehyung said distastefully, his happy aura diminishing.

"that man, he was sick in the head and took pleasure in the pain of others." taehyung's eyes glazed over as he fell to his knees, onto the pebbled pathway we took.

i fell beside him, and felt the dam holding back the tears in my eyes shatter as he took a shaky breath.

"that man was my father," teardrops decorated his eyelashes, as he took another breath.

"and he destroyed everything we had."

"he drove away my mother, who took away my sister. not that i ever knew her. all because he yearned for another woman." he continued, his face blank.

"he never really had been in love with my mom. who would be when she only loved you for your money?" his nose grew red, and his eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

"and thank god, he left me behind too." he scoffed, looking me in the eyes.

"yoona, you and i have scary people in our lives. very bad people who see us as ragdolls. and once i realized that we had that in common, i had to meet you." he lightly smiled. he then took another shaky breath.

"i had jimin to pick me up when i was down. he was that nice somebody who helped out in bad times. but you, you had no one." he said gently.

"i watched you suffer all the glares and mistreatment from this town. and even though i have no idea why they do it, i've seen enough to understand one thing."

"that i'll be your somebody." he said with sincerity, pulling down his sleeves.

"taehyung, i..i-" i felt my emotions bubble at my throat, and it was as if i couldn't breathe.

"yoona," he took my hand.

"please. if you ever meet someone as bad as that man, or things get worse with your mom, remember,"

"that you have somebody who really cares for you, just like how jimin cared for me." he smiled, and i nodded, rubbing his arms gently and continued to whisper countless apologies for what he had to go through.

"i'm so sorry taehyung." i choked out, holding his arm gently.

"i'm sorry too, yoona." he said, giving an apologetic smile, while tears also rolled down his cheeks. he gently rubbed my wrist that got bruised by mother and nuzzled the bright red handprint stamped onto my cheek with his nose.

for the first time, we both spent our time together crying and consoling each other. we just kept saying sorry.

for how bad our lives were.