사십팔

3RD PERSON POV:
later that day, yoona could still be found staring up at the ceiling, basking in the evening rays. she was now upstairs, in her room. her aunt had kicked her out of the downstairs area so she could use it, and yoona was now locked up here.

though the change in scenery didn't bother yoona, who had even bigger things to worry about.

then all of a sudden, the quiet atmosphere was broken, as small taps sounded from the glass doors of the patio.

glancing at it, yoona raised an eyebrow in confusion. she was on the second floor of the house, so how could anything cause that noise? maybe a branch from the near tree grew out too long?

she tried ignoring the taps, but they soon became repetitive and grew even louder. walking over to the window, threw aside it's curtains and opened it up.

her eyes widened as she saw taehyung, holding a bunch of pebbles in one arm and steadying himself on a tree's branch with the other.

he dropped all the pebbles and smiled brightly at yoona, though she grew fearful at how high up he was.

"taehyung! get down, it's not safe!" yoona yelled with a voice coarse from all the sobbing she'd done. she ran out to the patio's edge, looking up at taehyung with worried eyes.

but the moment taehyung looked into her eyes, he gave a blank look, before jumping off the branch.

she gasped, as the leaves from the branch he jumped off of scattered around him. the evening rays had reflecting off them, making taehyung glow in her eyes. he then made it on the patio.

landing on his feet beside her, he was still crouched down. she paced over to him, and reached out to see if he was okay.

when he suddenly jolted up, and turned to look at yoona with a worried face.

taking her face into his hands, he sighed.

"you were crying, huh. and by the looks of it pretty badly." he said softly, while tracing her tear stains with his thumbs.

yoona wore a face of confusion, and had suddenly felt something snap.

"i was scared taehyung." she whispered, looking down, as the ponytail holding her locks back slipped off. softly, she pulled his hands away from her face.

"so scared. he told me, m-mister byun told me, that in a week he'd take me away."

"what?!" taehyung said in shock, and fear. this was a new level he'd never had imagined his father would go.

"he'd take me with him to the city, and i'd never be able to escape." she said shakily, all while staring down at her feet. but then, she looked into his eyes as something clouded her own. something dark, something crazed. taehyung felt his heart race with worry.

"i found out everything taehyung! everything! why everyone hated me, why i was always kept in the dark, why i was scorned!" she said, in an almost excited manner that seemed strange to him.

"i'm a parent killer taehyung!"

"yoona, you need to calm down." he said softly, reaching towards yoona, but was then pushed away by trembling hands. yoona ran a hand through her long hair and glared at taehyung, who was speechless at her actions. she had never acted like this before.

"the child of the two most beloved people in the town, killed both without even lifting a finger! i don't even remember how my parent's looked like taehyung! or how their touch felt! or how their voices even sounded like!" she continued with a shaky voice, as taehyung's eyes widened even further. he tried reaching a hand towards yoona.

"all of this happened, because a monster like me, a monster named han areum just had to be born!" she screamed out, shutting her eyes shut despite the many tear globs escaping.

taehyung took a couple small steps to her, before pulling her into his arms, as he always did when she felt down. her actions went blank when he did this, but the moment he started rubbing small circles in her back and whispering apologies, was when she reverted back to the same little girl, who was nothing more than afraid and lost.

"i'm sorry yoona. i'm so sorry." he said as bangs cover his own eyes too. he held her closer than close, in fear he'd ever lose her like this.

"no one ever tells me why taehyung, why i deserve all of this." she whispered into his shoulder, and for the first time held him close too.

yoona's emotions had overflowed, and she began to cry for the thousandth time that day. except this time she wasn't caged in mister byun's arms, or staring up at a ceiling.

she was with taehyung, and to her, that was enough.

before she could fell asleep into his arms, she managed to catch what he whispered while smoothing her hair down.

"yoona, i'll make these next six days the best days of your life, i swear."

"so please, don't cry."