삼십구

"And this is the basement! Sorry that it's unpleasant. We usually just keep things we don't want anymore down there." mother laughed, hidden intent directed at me.

mother was now giving a tour to mister byun, and sugar coating areas in the house with completely off descriptions.

like how she described the cellar she left me in, simply as a basement.

it made me frustrated.

so frustrated, that i wanted to say something, but i-

"is that what it was mother? the place you'd leave me in for days, was not a cellar, but a basement?" i asked, feigning confusion as adrenaline rushed throughout my body.

"You were left down there, for days?" mister byun said confused.

"Ah, haha! Dear you know children, they're always mischievous now and then! Honey why don't you go to your room?" she said nervously.

"mother not only that, you told mister byun that you cook and clean here. but you neve-""GO, to the living room." mother interrupted, before i made a mad dash.

despite disobeying mother for the first time, and fearing the sure consequences that came with it, i felt...alive.

my heart kept pounding against my chest, and i wondered where i got the guts to say something like that?

then he came to mind.

actually,

where was taehyung?