오십칠

it was morning.

the other two had been asleep, and all i could hear was the mix of early bird chirps and taehyung's soft snores.

smiling, i fixed his bangs and smoothed out jimin's tail before getting up with a yawn.

today really was sunday.

later on, i walked through the ghost town with ease, and trying to clear my mind. the cold air, and the tingle of warmth i felt from the morning rays had calmed me.

my legs soon made their way down the beach, and i eventually found myself on that same old pebbled pathway.

the oceans waves crept up the beach shyly, and nearly met my feet. i felt myself smile.

"You." i heard a voice growl behind me.

my smile plummeted.

i was drowning.

my heart had begun beating too fast for the rest of me to catch up.

the cold air turned into ice in my lungs, and the warm rays suddenly felt scorching.

"You don't know how much trouble you caused, you damn monster."

without turning around i could already make a guess who this was, judging by their sharp pants and the way their eyes burned into my back.

i felt my wrist being grabbed, and was spun around, immediately being met with a pain.

nearly slapped to the ground, my held wrist had been the only thing holding me up.

even though she was my aunt, i just couldn't forget how badly i wanted to call her,

"mother." i whispered brokenly, and at this she cringed as if she was disgusted.

i can't run.

i never could. not without taehyung.

because without him, i'm just me.

the me who did nothing but stare out at the window when things got bad, and talk to the sunset when things got worse.

"You're coming with me, you ingrate. Back home, and you're never leaving again."

and it was like i had been in a daze while she yanked me after her, towards that horrible place she called home.

my eyes were glazed and i saw the world in black and white.

there were too many things flooding my head and i couldn't do anything abou-

i saw his car.

that same shiny, almost new black car that dropped me off before, parked in front of the house.

"Looks like he's here!"

my ears started ringing. my other hand grabbed at nothing, wishing so badly that taehyung's was there to hold.

the door was left open.

"Areum! I'm back!" a voice yelled from within.

i don't know what came over me as she dragged me closer to that voice, but it was enough for me to snap out of my daze.

i saw the world in color now, and i was fully aware of the situation.

of who was in that house, and what it meant if i didn't escape.

looking down at the pebbled pathways, i spotted a sharp rock. dropping down to grab it, i threw it with all my strength at my aunt's head.

it made a loud and horrible cracking sound, drowned out by her cries. her hands raced up to her head, as a river of blood escaped past her fingers.

i wasted no time running away. i never looked back.

he was here. and i needed to get to taehyung.

because if i learned anything from what just happened, if i react that way with my aunt, then i'd react even worse with mister byun in the picture.