사십일

it's been a day since mister byun left, and i was sitting out on the steps of mother's house. 

mother just finished punishing me for my outburst in front of mister byun and for "dirtying" her blanket. it resulted in a very harsh bruise mark on my arm. one that throbbed every time i looked at it.

"yoona!" i heard a voice call.

i looked up to see,

"taehyung?"

he took my hand and ran away, pulling me along with him. he kept running, before coming to an abrupt stop.

we were in front of this old house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees.

taehyung's hair was disheveled, skin pale, and eye bags dark.

"taehyung where have you be-" i was cut off when he pulled me to him,

and hugged me, so close.

"yoona, please tell me you're alright?! that he didn't do anything to you!" he said, voice seeping with panic.

"wha-, yes taehyung i'm fine." i reassured, and he pulled away, staring at me dead in the eyes.

he then turned me over and over, checking if i was really fine, and his eyes widened as they landed on my arm.

"did he do this?!" taehyung said angrily.

"no taehyung! it was...mother." i said, sighing at the end. he still wore a grim look.

"yoona, you have to get away." he warned, fear swirling in the depths of his eyes.

"why? from who?" only one candidate crossed my mind.

"mister byun?"

"yes." taehyung breathed, before looking at me again.

"that man, mister byun, is the man who ruined everything."

"that man, is my father."

"and yoona i can assure you, no matter how nice he seems now, he's absolutely crazy. and i have evidence to prove it." taehyung said, with eyes glazed over, but fiery as he pulled me along in the old, eerie house in front of us.