Chapter 5: pack house

Scarlett p.o.v

I slowly began waking up. We were still in the truck and chase wasn't driving. He was replaced by a guard. I felt something hot and hard against my back, so naturally I turned around to see what it was. There behind me was Derek. We wernt sitting anymore we were laying on the seat and he was spooning me.

"Ahh!"

I scream as I fall off the seat and land on the cold hard floor. Derek shot up and looked around, growling.

"You okay?"

He asked after he realized I only fell off a car seat. I rolled my eyes and hopped back on the seat next to him.

"Yeah I'm fine."

I tell him as I look out the window. The grass is less green and there are more trees.

"Where are we?"

I ask Derek and he smiles.

"About a half and hour from my pack house."

He says and I nod. As we get closer and closer to the pack house there are more and more things to see.

People become a common sight, houses and buildings become common as well. We pull up to the pack house and Derek helps me out of the truck.

Noah and Landon fall out of their truck and onto the stone driveway. They laugh and I sigh. A smile creeps onto my face at their stupidity.

I look back at the pack house to see that it's beautiful. The walls are a brown brick and the roof is a black shingle. The area surrounding the house is a large yard that is beautifully cut.

Derek leads us inside and the inside is just grand. When you first enter you are met with a living room area. The living room has polished hard wood floors and tan walls. The ceiling has in ceiling lighting as well.

There is a large brown leather couch that can hold 6 people. Another brown leather couch is connected to it to form an L shape. The brown class coffee table sits in between them and a flat screen TV sits on the fire place mantel. On the wall where the door is there is a large window with red curtains that are pulled to the side.

"Ahhh!!"

I hear someone yells from another room. Soon I see a boy that looks to be around 15 run into the living room.

"Pretty girl! Pretty girl! Pretty girl! Pretty girl!"

He shouts at rapid speed and he takes off again. I see another man that looks to be about 15 run after him.

"KELLAN!"

The man shouts as he runs past. He pays no heed to us and Derek sighs.

"What you just saw was my personal guards."

He says as he sighs. I nod and giggle.

"Want to see the rest of the house?"

Chase asks us and we all nod. Derek leads us into the kitchen. In there the floors are white and black tile and the walls are tan as well. They have a stainless steel stove and fridge. The counters are polished granite. Over the stove lie a window with red curtains that's open.

The dining room is where we go to next. The floors are polished wood and the walls are tan. There is a bar stool counter with three bar stool chairs. The table is a polished oak wood with two oak benches on the long sides and two chairs on the short sides. Behind the table is a large window with red curtains pulled off to the side.

Up next is our rooms. Noah and Landon are lead to their separate rooms and Derek leads me to his.

Derek's room has the same wood floor as the rest of the house with the same tan walls. His king sized bed in covered in a grey blanket. His pillows are covered with white covers. There is a white carpet under his bed. He has a desk in the far left cornor of the room. There is a brown couch across from a TV that's mounted on the wall. That's on the right side of the room. He has two doors on the left wall. One is probably a closet and the other is probably a bathroom. There is a door that leads to a balcony that over looks the pack. On either side of the bed there are two night stands. As well there are two large windows that have red curtains over them.

"Wow."

I whisper and Derek smiles from beside me.

"I take it you like."

He says and I nod. I run over to one of the doors and open them up to find a bathroom. This bathroom has tile floors and tan walls. The shower and bath are separated. In between them on the wall are some times that go up the wall. The shower is huge and so is the bath. The vanity is made of dark oak and has a huge mirror above it. There are two sinks and next to them are two cabinets.

"This is stunning!"

I gape and Derek chuckles.

"Yes it is. I had the whole house renovated after my father's death."

He speaks softly to the point where I could almost not hear him. I sigh and walk out of the bathroom shutting the door after me.

I walk over to the closet to find that it's huge! Half is filled with Derek's cloths, shoes, and whatever else he owns. The other half is completely empty. There is a rack for all my shoes and a place for all my hats. There are two poles that I can use to hang all my shirts on. Next to that there is a small dresser. There are three drawers. One can be used for pants, another for under ware, and the other can be used for socks. There is also a place to hang all my belts as well.

The floor is a tan carpet and the walls are tan. There is a small window at the end of the room with red curtains over it.

"This is a-"

I was cut off my sirens going off. We rushed out of the closet and a man burst through the doors. It's the same man that was chasing Kellan around.

"Alpha we must get to the basements. Demitri has upped his attacks yet again."

The man said and Derek grabbed my hand and we rushed down the steps.

"What is it now kace?"

Derek asked as we ran towards the basement.

"He's introduced-"

Kace was interrupted by a loud thud. I was flung across the room and I blacked out.