Chapter 7: to much

Scarlett p.o.v

"Chase we need you to go out and look for any building that can house any amount of wolves."

I told chase and he looked at me shocked. Derek turned around with the same expression and so did noah.

"What?"

I ask them and they all looked to Derek.

"Your acting like a Luna. Chase do a she says."

Derek said with a smile on his face. Chase shifted and ran off in search of a building.

We kept cleaning and cleaning until chase came back. Someone tossed him a pair of cloths and he gladly put them on.

"What did you find?"

Derek asked him and chase smiled.

"Well I found an old church. It's about 70 to 80 miles away. The pastor there would gladly house as many as he can. He thinks he can house around 100 people, more if some sleep on the floor."

He said and I nodded.

"How many people are in the pack?"

I ask them and they shrug.

"Around 200 to 250."

Chase said and I nodded.

"Good. Now we need to take 150 to the church. 50 will be sleeping on the floor."

I told them and they chose 150 people. Chase shifted and lead them away to the church. Derek and I stayed behind to help the others clean up.

By the time chase returned again we had the pack house cleaned up and some of the surrounding houses.

"We need to find food, water, and shelter for the others."

Derek said and we all agreed.

"Shelter can be made out of the Fallen branches and water can be used from any streams you have."

I said and chase sighed.

"It's so cold here most of the year that our past alpha had any and all streams filled in. Our water supply comes from the Loyalty pack."

Chase groaned as he sat on the ground. Derek and I followed after him and we all sat on the dirt.

After about an hour of thinking a line of white SUVs drove into our view. They drove until they couldn't no more.

Out of the cars jumped kaden and climbed out Altaïr.

"Derek my old friend!"

Kaden shouts and Altaïr rolls his eyes. Both men shake Derek's hands along with Chase's as well.

"We have food and water as well as tents. We figured you would need it. How many pack members did you loose?"

Altaïr asked us as chase, kaden, and their warriors began unloading the stuff into an open area.

"We lost about 50. Most of them were parents trying to save their children."

Derek answers and Altaïr nods.

"I see. Well where are most of your members?"

He pondered yet again.

"And old church about 70 to 80 miles away from here."

I replied and he nodded. We all went to help set up tents and distribute food.

After about an hour dusk was apon us. Chase is staying with the church people and everyone has a tent.

Kaden, Altaïr, and Derek are all talking in a big tent. Noah and I are sharing a tent while Landon and his mate share one.

"So what's up with you and Derek?"

Noah asks me as he bites into a sandwich. I shrug as I take a sip of my water.

"I don't know really."

I tell him and he nods.

"Do you love him?"

He inquired me and i sighed.

"I don't know. I think I do in some ways and not in others. Can we just not talk about it?"

I told him and he nodded. He shut the light off and we went to sleep.

The next morning we were awoken by an ear splitting scream. I lurched up and jumped to my feet. But I slipped and fell on Noah.

He groaned in pain as I bolted out of the tent. I ran towards where the scream came from.

I pushed my way through a crowd to find a woman sobbing at the foot of a dead man. The man was hung up on a post with words carved into him.

I walked up to it and kaden, derek, and Altaïr soon followed. Carved into the man from his slit throat to his knee words were written.

We want your lands and we will have it. Submit Derek and all- most will be spared. We are the rouges
                                                ~ Demitri

I gasped and the alphas growled.

"DO NOT LET THIS GET TO YOU! DEMITRI IS KNOWN FOR BLUFFING! WE WILL DEFEAT HIM ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!"

Altaïr shouted and he stormed off.

"THIS GUY! THIS ROUGE! IS A BLUFFER, A LIAR! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS!"

Kaden roars and he stormed off. The anger in the air was too much for me to handle. I shifted and bolted into the woods.

This is to much for me to take in at once. It's just to much.