Chapter 10: plan

Scarlett p.o.v

The words on the wall were one thing that was never going to leave my mind. I must admit, it scared me to the core.

"D-derek."

I whisper as I cling to him more. He looks down at me and holds me closer to his body.

"I'm here to protect you. If someone were to take you it would be over my dead body. Even then i would haunt them for the rest of their days."

He whispered in my ear and I smiled slightly. He lent down and kissed my forehead.

"What are we to do now?"

Noah asked; breaking the silence. I clung to Derek's arm as I pulled away from him. I looked around and saw Landon holding Nia as she cried from fear. He rocked her back and forth as they stood.

Altaïr had his arms crossed over his chest as he stood near the desk. Kaden ran a hand through his hair as he paced the room. Noah just looked pooped.

"I say we plan an attack. Gather our warriors and train them. Train them. Train them. Train them in the fighting styles of all three of our packs. Warrior pack hand to hand, fear pack wolf, and Nobel pack stealth."

Kaden said and I looked up at Derek. He had a grim look on his face that just looked bad on him. Have you ever had that feeling where you couldn't make a friend smile no matter how hard you tried? Well that's what I feel. (My squad will understand the following: "grinch")

"Worth a shot. We should start training tomorrow."

Derek said and they all nodded. Landon lead Nia out of the room as he held her to his side. Altaïr, kaden, and Noah followed them out.

Derek took my hand and led me through the halls back to his room. He sat on the bed as I shut the door behind me.

"Im going to go take a shower."

Derek says as he gets off the bed. He walks over to the closet and walks out a few minutes later with some cloths. He then walks into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

I sigh as I hear the shower start. I walk back and turn back to the bed. I take his phone and turn it on.

He has a phone button and a camera button on his lock screen. I slide the camera button and it brings up his camera.

I smirk as I begin taking selfies. His phone has over 257 selfies by the time the shower turns off. I quickly set the phone down and lay on the bed.

He walks out in black jersey shorts and no shirt. I sigh and stand up. I walk over to the closet and grab some cloths. I walk out of the closet and into the bathroom.

I start the shower and strip down. I climb in and begin to wash myself. I began humming an old song I heard once.

I didn't hear the door open till it was to late.

Derek's p.o.v

'Come on! I want to have some quality time with my mate.'

Thunder whines and I sigh.

'I want it too but I don't think she will like it.'

I tell him honestly back. He sighs and whines some more. The smell of coconut and sea salt fill my nose and it draws me to the bathroom. Where my mate is showering.

'Go to her. Hold her in our arms.'

Thunder says and I give in. I walk over to the bathroom and slowly open the door.

Scarlett is humming an old song called working on the rail road. That was my favorite as a pup and still is.

I quietly shut the door behind me and took my shorts off. I silently opened the shower curtain and wrapped my arms around her waist. She screamed at first and paniced a little. She soon relaxed as she realized it was only me.

My body was flush against her's and she slowly relaxed into me. The sparks I felt were amazing.

"I want you. I want to be able to hold you and not have to worry about you being yanked away from me. I want to be able to kiss you and feel loved."

She tells me and I'm shocked and surprised.

"I want that as well Scarlett. Apparently we were both to scared to make a move."

I spoke softly back to her. I pressed a soft kiss to her neck and she sighed in contentment. It causes Thunder to purr.

'I thought we are wolves not cats.'

I tell him and he growls at me.

'Shut up and let me enjoy this.'

He says and he blocks me out. I help Scarlett finish her shower and when we get out she drys herself off and gets dressed.

We go to lay in bed together and we do. She has her head on my chest as I hold her close to my body.

I begin to think back about how I've failed this pack. If I were a strong alpha my pack wouldn't have been bombed.

Scarlett p.o.v

I sit up as I begin to hear small whimpers come from above me. I look up to see Derek with his eyes closed and tears running down his face.

I get up off him and he looks at me with tear filled eyes. I straddle his lap as I look at him.

"Derek what's wrong?"

I ask him as I hug him. He takes a deep breath and pulls away to look into my eyes.

"The pack is very weak even with me in control. I don't know how much more we can take before it falls apart and the Allied packs looses the Nobel pack. We are supposed to be the brave and honorable pack! I've failed this pack and I've failed you."

Derek says with tears in his eyes. I cup his cheeks as I wipe away the tears with my thumbs.

"Derek we will survive these attacks. You have not failed me nor have you failed the pack. Derek this pack will survive and I have a plan to make it so."

I tell him as I look into his blue eyes. He sends a small smile across his lips. Now I only have one thing to do......

Think of a plan