Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Blain's POV:

It's been a couple days since I've been up and out of the hospital. I keep feeling at myself because I can't believe I'm actually back inside my body. I've seen Zane and Raven, they've been stepping to other levels in their relationship. Raven tells him he wants to be together forever and Zane agrees, but isn't ready for marriage. Zane isn't old enough for marriage anyways and Raven is thinking too far into the future. I've been wearing turtlenecks to cover the markings, Zane is still a bit clueless about them. I haven't seen Stephen yet and I kind of miss his warmth. Adrian hasn't been around and I've been reluctant to visit him because the fact that his brother is Stephen.

I've been having a tough time controlling these newfound powers and every night I have nightmares. It's making me want to hide. Ive home to Raziel about it, he's tried giving me something, but it's not working. I've met with Sorien once, he's an asshole and I don't like him. Raziel told me that he grows on you as you see him more. I'm doubting that. Anyways, the powers. Whenever I get angry things shatter. I've already broken half the windows at the house and Zane's been pissy about it. He says the only thing keeping him warm other than his blanket is Raven. We all know how he keeps Zane warm.

Whenever I'm sad, they glow and I feel pain and sometimes it hurts so much I cry. I've been avoiding school too lately. The teachers have called the house and Zane and I know we're going I be in trouble since we have no parents and are living by ourselves. Zane says that he knows someone who'll help us. I'm skeptical though. His name is Seraphinus and he has a younger brother named Salem. I've never met them, and I don't really want to.

"They're cool dudes, Blain. You'll like them." Zane tells me. I give him a look and sigh.

"I just don't think it's a good idea, Zane." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Blain, we can take care of ourselves.... Well I don't know if you can considering you're a bit sick, right?" I tug at my shirt. He knows I'm the cause of the windows, but doesn't know I'm the marked one and can kill someone easily.

"I can take care of myself, Zane. Seriously." I respond, glaring at the floor. I can tell Zane doesn't believe me by the look on his face. It irritates me and I know I'm going to have to show him one way or another.

"Adrian has been wanting to see you, I talked to him today." Zane changes the subject. I nod.

"I've been meaning to see him." I mumble, going to the fridge. Zane follows me and watches as I grab something from the fridge.

"Are you going to?" I bite my lip and look at him.

"Perhaps," I shut the fridge and grab a spoon before opening the chocolate and vanilla pudding. Zane perks up when his phone goes off. He grabs it and smiles as he reads the text.

"Raven wants me to go to a party, he says you can go to, if you can find someone to go with." Zane says, typing in something on his phone. I roll my eyes and turn away, eating my pudding while thinking. I could go with Stephen, but I don't know if he'd want to. I sigh and finish off my pudding before tossing it into the trash. Zane looks at me silently before turning and heading to the door. I can hear a doorbell ring and the sound of the front door opening.

"Is Blain here?"

"Yes, why?"

"I need to see him, please." My head snaps up when I recognize the voice. Hell I'd recognize that voice anywhere. Stephen.

"Okay," I mentally curse at Zane as he round the corner with a tired looking Stephen following behind. When Stephen sees me his eyes light up and he looks so happy it melts my heart. He rushes towards me and pulls me into a hug. I bite my lip to keep myself from crying as I wrap my arms around him. He holds me close and I feel his lips on my temple, on my head and on my neck. He pulls away and gives me a smile.