Chapter 5

A little while later, Evie, you, and Doug were in science class when Evie started looking for her mirror. "Evie, what are you doing?!" you whisper. "I can't find it!" She says. "Looking for this?" The teacher holds up Evie's mirror. "Thank you Chad for turning it in. It's nice to see someone still respects the rules. Now it would be my wish that you were expelled" He says. "No!" You say. "No? I am a teacher, you can't tell me what to do." he says. "But I'm the princess. You have to listen to me. It was my brothers first proclamation that the children from the isle of the lost come here. You can't send her back or I'll tell my brother." You say. "Thank you" Evie mouths to you. "Give me a good argument why she should stay." The teacher says. I look to Doug for this one. "Sir, she couldn't have used that thing" Doug says. "Mirror" Evie corrects. "Not helping Doug says. "Because obviously she didn't have it" Doug says. "Well..." Evie says. "Seriously, not helping" You say. "Okay, if you can pass the test without this, you can have it back and stay" he says. Later on after school, you and Doug were sitting at a picnic table. "I just really like her y/n" Doug says. "Just tell Evie how you feel. Just be yourself" You say. "Speaking of..." you say as Evie walks up. She puts her arms around Doug to show him the grade she got on the test. It said 'B+' "you know, for once I feel like more than just a pretty face" She says. "shocker" Doug says. Mal walks up to us. "Evie, Y/n, I have a problem. Ben asked me on a date." She says. "If that's your biggest problem, I think you'll be fine" Doug says. You laugh. "It's okay" you say. "We got this" Evie said as you both get up. 

You guys go up to the girls room to help Mal get ready for her date. "Okay! easy on the blush! I don't want to scare him away, not that I could." Mal says. "Please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes" Evie says. "My mom was never big on beauty tips. I never had a sister till now" Mal says looking at you. "Well now you do" You say smiling. "Yeah, two actually. We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way." Evie scoffs. "Just ask Snow White." Evie says. "Are you afraid of her?" you ask to Evie and Mal. "Sometimes, Are you afraid of your mom Mal?"  Evie asks. "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And yeah, she's my mom so I know she loves me in her own way." Mal says "Moving on" You say. "Come see!" Evie says. "Are we done?" Mal asks. "Yeah" you say. Mal walks over to the mirror and laughs. You and Evie walk up to the and put your heads on each of her shoulders. "I know" Evie says. "I look..." Mal begins. "Say it" you say. "not hideous" Mal says. "Not even close" Evie says. We all laugh. "This is weird. My half sister is going on a date with my semi adopted brother" You say. "Ew! no don't, just don't" Mal says. You laugh. There's a knock at the door. Mal opens the door and Ben just stands there speechless. "For once I know the difference between pretty and beautiful" Ben says.  Mal laughs. "I hope you like bikes." Ben says awkwardly. Mal just smiles and walks to Ben and grabs a helmet. She looks back at us with a look that says 'wish me luck' Evie rushes to the door and shuts it as she smiles. You and Evie sit down on the beds. "So, Carlos huh?" She says. "Oh come on!" you say. "What?" she asks smiling. "You had to bring that up?" you ask. "But, now that you like Carlos you seem a little more human and less witch-god hybrid" She says. You laugh. "Oh my god! I never realized. I'm half god!" You say. "Yeah, how does it feel?" She asks. "In all honesty? Scary, it's really scary knowing I have so much power in me." You say sitting down. "Now, back to the matter at hand, what are you gonna do about dog boy" Evie says. "I don't know. I've never felt like this before and it's hard because right now I have to pretend to everyone but you guys that I'm someone who I'm not. Now I'm contradicting my own advice" You say flopping down on Mal's bed. "What advice?" She asks. "The advice I gave to Doug about you. Just be yourself, I said and I'm not doing that" You say. "I think I need to tell everyone at Family Day" You say. "I can't keep lying to these people, especially Doug, he's been my best friend since before I could talk" You say. "well you wouldn't be able to play the 'I'm the princess so you ahem to do as I say' card anymore" Evie says. "You have a good point but I need to do the right thing." You say. "Okay, well we'll all be there with you" Evie says. "Thanks. You know I can't stop thinking about something Carlos said. When I gave him Dude, he said that I wasn't a bad person and that maybe I act like this because deep down I'm afraid of becoming my parents so much that I became exactly like them. I think he's right" You say. "You gave Dude to Carlos?" she says putting emphasis on 'you' "Yeah why?" you ask. "Because I've never seen him happier then when he's with you or Dude. If there's one thing I know about him is that when someone makes him happy, he's madly in love with them. That's what happened with Hailey, the queen of hearts daughter. Then she died about three months before we came here and he hasn't been as happy as he is with you since before she died. If anything I'd say he seems happier with you, then he did with her" Evie says. You start tearing up. "Really?" you ask. "Yeah, no doubt." She says. "Thanks E" you say.