Chapter 6

later that evening you're all hanging out in the guys room, planning. "Okay, so we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dias under the beasts spell jar. And we'll be coming in from here" Mal says pointing at a map. "I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony." Mal continues. "But, y/n, aren't you supposedly royalty?" Jay asks. "After telling them who my real parents are, they won't want me anywhere near them" You say. "Okay" Evie says. "Carlos?" Mal asks. "Okay, so I'll find our limo so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand." He says quietly. "Perfect, Evie?" You ask. "Yeah?" she says. "You will use this to take out the driver, two sprays and he'll be out like a light" Mal says. "Okay" Evie says. "Y/n, you'll help Carlos, he'll need physical support" Jay says. You all laugh. Carlos hits you on the arm. "Stop it" he says. "Sorry" You say quietly. Everyone goes back to there own thing. Mal and you sit down and look at Mal's spell book. Mal mouths the words of the spell while you read the ingredients. "M, y/n? You wanna break Ben's love spell?" Evie asks. "Yeah, I just, you know I grew up with him and he is like a brother figure to me and so I thought that she should break it" You say. "yeah! And you know for after." Mal says. "I don't.." Evie says. "I've just been thinking as well,  you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot, and kick everyone out of their castles, and imprison their leaders, and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seemed a little extra... cruel" Mal says. Evie just stares at Mal and you. Mal closes the book and gets up to go make the potion. "Mal? D'you want me to come with?" You ask. "No, I think you need to talk to someone." She says talking about Carlos. You roll your eyes. "M?" Evie asks as Mal walks away. After a few awkward minutes of silence Evie says. "Jay, I need to talk to you outside" "Okay?" He says getting up off his bed. "I'll come to!" You say. You knew exactly what Evie was doing. She was getting Jay away from Carlos and you so you guys could talk. "No! I need to talk to him alone" Evie lies. You knew Evie was gonna tell Jay why she dragged him out unexpectedly. After the door shut Carlos said, "I wonder what Evie needed to talk about" "She doesn't" You say. "What?" He asks. "I'm the one who needs to talk, she just had to get Jay away." You say. "Okay, well what's up?" he asks. "The thing is, well. I need to talk to you" You say. "Yeah, I think I knew that. Oh, is it about Dude, do you want him back? Because he's all yours if you do" Carlos says. "No, it's not that. I love the connection you have with him. It's much stranger than mine was." You say. "So then what is it?" He asks. "Well you see, theres, um, well," You struggle. "What's going on?" Carlos says. "Okay fine! I like you and it's killing me. Evie thinks you like me too but I know you don't because I know people" You say. "Well apparently you don't know people very well" He says smiling. "What?" you say walking over and sitting at the foot of his bed. "Evie's right, I do like you. You're a really nice person and a great friend" He says. Ah there was that feared word: Friend. "That's just it though!" you say. "I like more than just a friend and I can't imagine a world without you, and since you guys have arrived, I've actually liked Auradon, and I felt like I have a family who cares about me now, and-" You jabber on until you're cut off by Carlos' lips pressed against yours. "you talk to much" He says kissing you again. "Well, if this is what happens when I blab a lot, maybe I should do it more often" You say smiling. You kiss him again. He pulls away for a second. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. You kiss him again. "So is that a yes?" He asks as he kisses you. "Definitely a yes" you say smiling. "Hate to interrupt the love fest" Jay says walking in. "Oh my god! Not cool man!" Carlos says jumping back. You just laugh. "Well I'd say my work is done" Evie says smiling. "Y/n, you coming?" She asks. "Yeah, I'll be there in a sec" You say. "Goodnight dog boy" you say to your new boyfriend kissing him on the cheek. "Night my princess" Carlos says. You smile. "Night Jay" you say walking out. "Good night Y/n!" He says. You shut the door. You and Evie squeal so loud you swear half the school heard, especially the boys. "They definitely heard that" Evie whispers. "Ah, who cares" You say. "Thanks E" you say. "Anytime." Evie says. " Good night" You say walking across the hall to your room. "Night y/n" she says. That night neither you nor Carlos could sleep due to the excitement of your moment. That night you came to a realization. You couldn't go through with the plan.