TSBB|Experiment 0.1

~|Experiment 0.1|~

Hypothesis: If Mr. Know-it-all thinks that he's better than everyone, then karma will run him over with a greasy food truck.

"Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do, but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it."

-Albert Einstein

Do you ever get that feeling, when you're playing sports perhaps, when the object you threw is already in mid air and you know it's not going to hit you're target, but rather cause you to lose the game?

That's what I'm feeling right now. Right at this very moment.

It seems like a movie, the textbook is moving, spinning through the air in slow motion towards the guy that I don't want to injure. People's eyes are following the very textbook I threw a second ago, and I shut my eyes in an attempt to disappear.

There is the loud sound of the book hitting the back of the target's friend's head and a loud gasp from everyone else. I open my eyes to see everyone in this very hallway staring at me, shocked. For a second, there's utter silence. Well, until second victim of the day turns around and stares at me, picking up the textbook and holding it up.

"You!" he says, but before he has the chance to continue that, I bolt out of the scene so fast that I could make the track team.

I can get my textbook later.

~1 hour and 15 minutes earlier~

"Class, can anybody tell me what the answer to question number 5 is?" Mr. Peterson asks the class.

I raise my hand to answer the question and Mr. Peterson looks to me. Before he has the chance to pick me, Mr. Know-it-all shouts the answer out loud.

"Organic compounds are molecular compounds of carbon, not including carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen cyanide."

I roll my eyes, I was going to say that. Vincent's the smartest guy in the school, in every subject. Well, at least he thinks that he is. Everyone thinks that he is. I wouldn't mind that he's intelligent if he could be a little less boastful.

The way he just shouts out the answer is just plain annoying. He does it in such a way that he sounds like he's dying of boredom and that he doesn't belong in a classroom with us. It's that tone of voice that says, "I'm better than you peasants!"

Yes, we get that you're rich and you've been offered to attend every university in the country and a few in other countries.

So can you please stop rubbing it in all of our faces, please and thank you. I'd really appreciate it.

"Um, yes." our teacher answers, although I can tell that he's getting a bit frustrated with Vincent for shouting out each and every answer.

The other students don't really seem to mind him though. Other than being smart and annoying, he's actually quite a looker. The girls sure seem to think so. Some girls chase him because he's a freaking genius (or so he says). Some girls chase him because he could probably buy Hawaii with his allowance. Other girls chase him because he's a model behind the glasses and snarky attitude.