TSBB|Experiment 0.6

~|Experiment 0.6|~

Fact: Although family can be amazing, evil stepsisters are not. In this case, evil cousins don't care about bloodline.

"Science is simply the word we use to describe a method of organising our curiosity."

-Tim Minchin

"You have a pretty nice basement." Nick nods as we reach the end of the stairs.

"Thanks." I say. Wait...am I supposed to say thank you for that?

"Yeah! I always thought basements were just places of cement, weird smells, and creepy paranormal activity." Wes states. Both Nick and I look at him with blank faces.

Suddenly, Wes blurts out, "I mean, not your basement. Obviously. This place is freaking awesome!"

I simply nod at the cute guy and go to my workplace here. Yes, I've made the basement into my workplace. The basement is the perfect place for me to hang out. We had it done a few years ago, covering the cement floors with hardwood and installing a mini bar stand (which nobody uses anymore). At one end is the entertainment area with a T.V. and a few systems.

We used to throw really big parties at this house. By we, I mean my parents and my brothers. I never really had many real friends, so I never had a reason to throw a party. My parents used to invite all their friends, all the time. My older brothers had parties because, well, they were popular in highschool.

We haven't had a bunch of people over since 3 years ago. I don't really know why Dad still insists on keeping our expensive things, because if we sold them, at least we'd have extra money.

The boys attempt to step over my things that are scattered on the floor, but Nick's foot slips on a ball of crumpled paper, sending him to the ground. I try to hold in my laugh as Wes and I help him up.

"Day one and the injuries have started." Nick huffs. "Are you like bad luck or something, because I know I'm not clumsy."

I shrug. "Looks like my bad luck rubbed off on you!"

Nick rolls his eyes and takes a seat on one of the chairs. Wes just smiles and sits beside him. "So what's your plan for the project, oh genius?"

"Well, since you asked..." I start, then turn around to get my poster board that contains the detail of my project idea. I place it on my black easel, and their eyes widen when they see everything.

"Um...wow." is all Wes can manage to say when he sees the chart filled with words and information and glitter. I think the glitter totally put everything together.

"I know!" I squeal, grabbing a pointing stick. "I have it all planned!"

"So are we researching the harmful and maybe deadly effects of glitter when it goes down the trachea?" Nick asks. He then coughs and wheezes, "Because I think the glitter just went down there."

"Don't worry, you'll live." I state, ignoring his loud coughing.

"So what's this project going to be about?" Wes asks, propping his elbows on his knees and resting his chin on his hands.

"We're going to find out, drumroll please, THE SCIENCE BEHIND BOYS!" I exclaim with jazz hands.

Wes clap excitedly, bopping up and down in his seat. I look at Nick for a reaction, but he just stares at me blankly. "So what do you think?" I pose the question at Nick.

"Where the hell did you get this idea?" he asks plainly.

"Well, it all started when Vincent was being a jerk and then I threw the book and hit Wes then after I hit you so I was panicking but the principal announced the project and I saw this guy almost cry when he was asking a girl out-" I blabber so fast that the boys do not understand a thing.