TSBB|Experiment 0.2

~|Experiment 0.2|~

Prediction: One has absolutely zero chance with their crush if they almost knock them out with a textbook.

"Everything comes to those who hustle while they wait."

-Thomas Edison

Oh glob.

Why? Why out of all people, the book had to hit him. Wesley. I hate myself so freaking much right now. The worst thing is, Wes actually knows me. He knows my name at least. Even worse, he's actually super nice to me. Now I feel terrible.

The thing is, I may have a tiny crush on him. Since forever. Okay fine, I've been in love with the guy since freshman year when he stood up for me after a girl was insulting me in the middle of math class. I used to be super shy and I never talked to anyone. Now, I usually spend my time explaining to teachers why I won't shut up.

Wes is the kind of guy that you would want to marry someday. He's friends with everyone. He knows everyone by their name and includes everybody no matter what. Whether you're a jock, a nerd, an anti-social human, maybe an alien, he'll be-friend you.

He may be one of the best basketball players, the student-body president and a proud member of the robotics team, but he never brags about anything. That's my favourite thing about him.

The problem with him is that he's the popular, golden boy of the school and I'm not really anything. So many girls like him, but he's basically unattainable. Why are the guys who seem so perfect, are so out of my league and harder to catch than that rare Pokémon.

I mean, I cant just throw a Poké Ball at him and tell him to be my boyfriend! That would just be weird.

I happen to finish the school day with no one bothering me about the textbook incident. Maybe there weren't as many people in that hall way as I thought? I make my way to the baseball field beside the school.

"Austin! Hurry up and get your gear on! I'm going to practice my pitching." I yell at my brother as I take my place on the mound.

He laughs as he puts on the mask, "You better! Your sinker needs a lot of work!"

I narrow my eyes at him. My sinker wasn't that bad. Okay, it was pretty terrible. "Yeah, yeah. It's still better than what you could do." I retort.

I throw that ball at him and we toss it back and forth to warm up.

The thing I love about Austin is that he'll do anything for me. He's so selfless that he's willing to practice with me after school. He makes time for me even though his schedule is crazy. He's in first year university, studying his brains out, while still hanging out with me.

"So little sis, how's school going?" he asks, throwing the ball to me.

"It's okay, I guess." I answer, catching the ball in my glove.

He's only a year older than me, but he acts like he's years older or something. He's the third child in our family, making me the fourth. I have 3 older brothers including him, and 1 younger one.

"Let's start?" he suggests.

"Okay."

I move some dirt around with my shoe and find the perfect spot on the mound. He places the mask down, covering his face and gets ready.

I start my windup and when I release the ball, I already know that the pitch was terrible. It stays up and doesn't even sink. Ugh. He throws it back to me and I try again. And again. And again.