TSBB|Experiment 0.5

~|Experiment 0.5|~

Fact: Family is freaking crazy to the point where you want to crawl into a hole and hide from the humiliation. Still, one still happens to love them.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attatched to the rest of the world."

-John Muir

"Sorry Lila, we can't help you." Austin responds for both of them.

"What? Why not?" I question. My brothers would be the perfect lab rats for our experiment! I mean, they usually agree to things, so why are they being so mean today!

"I would, but I have no time." Ashton mutters, eating a salad while watching T.V.! How does he have no time when he's doing nothing?

"You're literally just watching T.V.!" I exclaim.

"Yeah," he takes another bite, "but this is a really good show."

I look at the screen and see what could possibly be so entertaining. Ashton's focused on a documentary about the human brain. Okay, I must admit that does look quite interesting.

"Oo, I want to watch too! Scoot over!" I push Ashton and shuffle into the spot beside him.

"This is awesome! They're talking about how 25% of our body's cholesterol is contained in the brain!" Ashton explains.

"Oh my gosh yeah! Because it's part of every brain cell and without an adequate amount of it, the brain cells die!" I finish it off for him.

"You know I think you should really persue Neuroscience. It seems like such an interesting field with studying the central nervous system-"

"You guys are such nerds!" Austin laughs and grabs the remote, changing the channel to something where Project Runway is playing.

We both glare at Austin and Ashton chucks a pillow to his head. Austin rolls his eyes and mutters something about how hideous and last season, one girl's design is.

"At least I passed my classes!" Ashton shouts at Austin.

Austin puts a hand on his hip as he says, "FYI, I passed my classes!"

Ashton snorts. "Sure. Just be glad that they bumped your math grade to a 55. It's a miracle that you even graduated!"

Austin gasps. "I had great grades!"

Now it's my turn to laugh. "Only in one class! You literally just did well in P.E.!"

Austin rolls his eyes. "Well I'm trying to keep my grades up now. I think that's most important."

"True. That's a must, or else your baseball scholarship is going down the drain." I reply. Austin's dream since he was a kid was to be able to play in the MLB. I think that's possible because for one thing, he's good. There's also going to be scouts at his last game of the season, so we're all praying that they'll see his talent.

We ignore the sound of the front door opening and closing because, well, who cares if there's a murderer right? We look to see Adrien carrying a paper bag with groceries. Not surprising.

What does surprise me is my dad walking in with Ace.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I literally only see him at dinner time and then he's off to work again.

His jobs include: baking at a local bakery from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., full time nurse at a nursing home from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and a janitor for some company from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.