Chapter 5

Harry sat in the empty compartment in silence, staring out the window. He spotted the Weasleys and Hermione come through the barrier, he just prayed they didn't try to get him to talk. He knew he should, but the command from his uncle was overpowering, the only time he spoke was with Draco, Merlin it was so weird to think of him like this but it was so right, when Draco held him, he felt safe, and protected. He felt as if nothing could touch him. He heard the compartment door slide open,

"Harry." He heard Hermione exclaimed, harry turned his head and looked at her, she and Ron were there, and they began putting up their stuff. Ron sat down, then began to speak,

"The Minister came to the burrow. Looking for you," Harry's heart began to beat faster, "But when we told him we haven't seen you he apologized and left. He never told us why even after I asked, said he wanted you to tell us." Harry heart calmed, he shrugged, Hermione gave him a look,

"Are you ok Harry?" Harry simply shrank, "Come on Harry, you can tell us." Harry looked at his feet. He felt his friend assessing him, the door slide open again, to reveal, Ginny, Neville and Luna.

"Hi guys." Ginny chirped, they sat down, and the five of them began to chat. Harry listened as he looked out the window. The train had pulled out of the station a few minutes ago, and Harry watched as the city turned to forest.

"... Harry, Harry are you listening?" Ginny asked, Harry shrugged. Before turning to face them.

"He hasn't said a single word since we got here. Something's wrong." Ron informed them, Harry saw concerned looks on all their faces. The trolley passed. Harry stood up with a few galleons, and smiled at the witch pushing it.

"What'll it be dear?" she asked smiling, Harry pointed at the chocolate frogs, and the licorice wands. She gladly gave him one of each and Harry paid and sat down once more.
"Harry are you sure you're alright?" Neville asked him, a concern clear on his face. Harry shrugged, suddenly Hermione gasped,

"Harry, have you gone mute? Are you physically able to talk?" Harry looked down at his feet, fear building up inside him, more and more as they sat in silence. He glanced up at Hermione, she had tears in her eyes, so did Ginny and Luna, Ron and Neville looked close to it, Harry felt tears build in his eyes, he was just so afraid, he wanted to speak, but if he tried to open his mouth,the words of his uncle come to mind, and he submisses. Harry, it's me. Don't be afraid, you are strong. And remember, if you ever need me, I'm only one telepathic call away. Harry simply pulled him into a telepathic hug, and sent him a telepathic smile, he could feel Draco's wish to protect him.

"Harry, it's ok. We just want to make sure you are ok." Harry didn't hear Hermione say, as she tried to pull him into a hug, but pulled away when Harry flinched. The gesture having seemed as though she wished to hurt him. He watched her eyes fill with concern. Harry felt tears fall, and suddenly he felt Draco wrap him into a mind hug, the protectiveness radiating through their bond helped Harry to stop crying, and when he felt real arms wrap around him, he didn't flinch, he leaned into it, and he hugged back. He opened his eyes, he hadn't realized were closed, and found it was Hermione, He watched Ron stand up and slowly place his arms around them. Harry smiled, they weren't mad, they weren't disgusted, they wanted to help him. When they let go, Hermione said they should go change. So the girls left as the guys changed into their robes. They arrived at Hogwarts ten minutes later.