Chapter 15

Harry walked back to the castle the next morning. He had to go to class anyway. Luckily, it was with Draco. He walked through the entrance to the castle. Soon he arrived at the Great Hall. Draco was already there, so as to not create suspicion, he had returned to the castle the night before. As he walked in, the entire hall turned to look at him. He slowly walked towards his friends, the stares caused him to look down at his feet yet again. The staff watched him as well. He got to his friends who had made room for him to sit, in between Luna and Ron. He sat, and stared at the plate in front of him. It was silent, the hall still watching him. He gulped, the obvious stares making him uncomfortable. He felt Draco give him a reassuring smile in his head. Harry took a deep breath and steeled his nerves. He raised his eyes to look at his friends. His ancestors gave him mind hugs. He looked at Luna, who was staring at his wrists, as if she was looking for something. She's a seer. She must've seen something. Merlin informed him, Harry took a deep breath and poured himself a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Are you alright Harry?" Ron asked him, Harry looked at him, plastered on a smile he hoped looked real, and nodded. He felt arms wrap around him. It was Luna. He looked at her in confusion. She quickly let go. He looked at his friends questioningly.

"There was a prophecy." Hermione told him, he frowned, she turned to Luna, who promptly began.

"The dragon shall be attacked at the school of magic.

Despair shall overwhelm him, and he will try to take his own life.

The heir shall be used and beaten, only fear, pain, sadness and anger will remain.

The dragon shall be saved, only to have it's hatchling taken,

and the heir will try to take his own life again." Harry looked down at his plate, fear began to overwhelm him again. Someone was going to take Kovus, but only if he tried to kill himself. Harry instantly swore not to do so. No matter what, I can't let them take Kovus. Not today, not ever. Harry shrugged at the looks his friends were giving him. He grabbed his bag, that was on the table, his friends must've brought it. He picked it up, threw it over his shoulder, and walked to potions. He didn't notice seventh year Slytherins stand up. He didn't notice them following him, until he was in the dungeons and a pair of arms forced him against the wall. He felt his heart speed up. He struggled,

"Little mute Potter want to be left alone?" he heard a male voice ask him, he tried to push back against the arms, holding him against the wall. He kicked the person in the shin, he heard them grunt in pain.

"I think he should be taught a lesson."

"I agree." a new voice said, Harry tried to reach for his wand. He was suddenly jerked off the wall, and he was turned to face his assailants. Two seventh years. They kind of reminded Harry of trolls. Big, Ugly and stupid. Harry suddenly felt his wand in his hand. His wrists were pinned down. Harry, find a way to get your wrists free. Godric told him, Harry looked around, he watched as the goon not holding him down pulled out his wand, and pointed it at him.

"Furnunculus." he exclaimed, a thin beam of light escaped the tip of his wand, and hit Harry, but nothing happened, "What happened? He should've grown boils." Harry hadn't noticed the footsteps, now students stood in the hallway. He saw Ron pull out his wand but Harry beat him to it. He kicked his captor in the knee. Said goon immediately let his wrists go in shock, but when he tried to grab Harry once more, Harry was already holding his wand. Harry sensed the other goon begin to run towards him. He turned. Incarcerous. Harry forced into his wand. Ropes shot from the tip. They tied up the goon mid-jump, causing him to fall flat on his face. Harry turned to face the other as he jumped, Stupefy! And The boy flew back. Harry glared at the pair. He watched as the one on the floor stood up once more. Harry scowled, and cast the body bind jinx on him, and watched his arms snap to his sides, and his legs snap together, and fall on the floor like a rock. Harry simply walked away, not giving a care to the people who had watched the scene unravel.

In potions, Draco stood next to Harry. Harry gathered ingredients, and helped cut and weigh the proportions. Harry sensed the stares, but didn't allow himself to grow uncomfortable. He simply allowed a small passive smile to splay across his features.

"Mint please." Draco, requested, Harry scooped up the diced leaves, and let them fall into the cauldron, which turned a light pink at that moment. Hermione and Pansy were working extremely well together, and Ron and Blaise had set aside their differences for the time being. Class ended with Harry and Draco having a perfect potion, Hermione and Pansy having similar results. Harry still had his canteen filled with the healing potion, although no one knew. Now was Care of Magical creatures. So Harry stood, gathered his things, and headed down to Hagrid's hut, Hermione and Ron by his side. Harry wondered what Hagrid had brought for that lesson. His answer was not disappointing.

"Today, we 'ave the Phoenix." Hagrid began, he gestured to a perch nearby. Harry saw an orange bird, with tail feathers resembling fire, and it's eyes were black like coal.

"Hagrid, don't phoenixes have yellow feathers as well?" Hermione asked, Hagrid chuckled,

"Not always. Most of t'e time, yeah, but some don't. This is when they are more connected to the elements." Harry examined the phoenix, Lord, it greeted, Harry smiled, Flame. Flame sang a short note, "Phoenixes are very rare. They have incredible strength, as well as healing properties in their tears. It is said, that they can strike fear in the hearts of the dishonest, but courage in the purehearted with it's song. They can also disappear and reappear at will." Hagrid instructed, Harry looked at the awed faces of the students,

"It's safe to get close, but not too many a' once, we don't want to scare 'im off." Harry stepped forward, he walked over to the perch. Flame was right in front of him. Lord, it is good to see you. Flame greeted again, And you flame. Harry reached out his hand and ran his fingers along Flame's feathers. Soon other students came forward to see, and pet the bird. Harry smiled, when Flame seemed to enjoy the attention.