misunderstandings

It had been one week since Rahul's birthday party. In this time, apart from colleges the biggest change was the relationship between Ahaan and Sneha. They had grown real close. Now Ahaan was a regular in our outings and a permanent member of our friend circle. I had asked him about Isha and he had promised me that he will introduce me to Isha. Krish had called me one time when we returned from empirical club. When I told him about Ahaan and Sneha he was all of a sudden really angry and then he hung up the call. After that day he never called.

Tonight we all were going to a masquerade ball on Ahaan's invitation. It was in one of the most famous venues of Indore. I had never thought that I could even get invited there. To our surprise Ahaan was also buying all of us dresses. I insisted that I was not gonna take gifts from him but Sneha was adamant. She was really happy with Ahaan and Ahaan also liked Sneha so much. I was happy that Sneha finally got her prince charming. So I wasn't able to deny her and thus I had received a package addressed to me with a beautiful red evening gown. In the evening I got ready and met my friends. We all headed to the party.

Party was at full swing. I had seen such type of parties only in movies and serials. It was awesome. When we enter the premises though we all were given masks. I picked a red mask that could go with my dress but to my amazement Sneha has selected the similar mask. She had not come with us but hosting the party with Ahaan. Even her dress was similar to me. I greeted her and she was amazed at our similar getup too. The only thing that was quite the difference between me and Sneha was my Lord Krishna's locket that I never take off.

Anyways we started to enjoy the party. We danced and just tried various dishes. I was introduced to few new kinds of fruit drinks. I was just enjoying my drink when the waiter that was serving us drinks lost his balance all of a sudden and various kinds of drinks were spilled over me. My dress was ruined and he started to apologize. I just shrugged off his apology. It was nothing. Though Meethi asked me to at least clean myself a bit and I had to leave the room. I asked from someone the way to common room and headed to it.

As I was cleaning myself a hand was placed over my mouth and other around my waist. I was not able to say anything. When I felt the persons hot breath on my neck I started to shiver with fear. I struggled some more then he spun me around and pushed me against a wall. I looked up to see Ahaan. "Kriti its you. I am so sorry I thought you were Sneha. I am so embarrassed please do not tell this to Sneha." Ahaan said. As I looked up at Ahaan he genuinely looked Sorry!!! So I let him be. I gave him a smile as an acknowledgment for his apology and told him that I will join my friends later as I still needed to clean my dress.

Same thing happened again in the party when instead of dancing with Sneha, Ahaan pulled me along with him for dance and then Sneha arrived and he let go of me and made his way to Sneha. The only problem was me and Sneha were very different from each other personality wise so I was a bit confused with his behaviour but when I thought of how sorry he looked both of the times I let it go and this time stayed with Pragya and Meethi so Sneha can be content with her boyfriend and dance partner. The party ended after a while and we all made our way home.

Ahaan's POV

My plan worked. I was able to get few photographs during accidental dance with Kriti and a small video clip of the common room that showed us like a couple. I knew that it was going to be enough for Krish to doubt his wife and a girl like Kriti has a very giant self respect issue so their relationship would break.

Krish's POV

I was completely bored here as I felt that this mission information was not true. I felt like a plus one to Isha wherever she went. Nobody was attacking her and her life was completely safe and now I was feeling like Dashmesh has sent me here for ulterior motives not my job. In past week I had become good friend with Isha. I didn't trust her at first but she had apologized for her behaviour and had told me that she was acting like that as she is not used to be ignored by any person and when I didn't treat her like she hung the moon and instead like a normal human being she was attracted towards me but she understands that she can't force me to have feelings for her. After that we had found some common ground.

I was angry at Kriti to stay anywhere near Ahaan. He was a bad news but I trusted Kriti. I was just angry with Ahaan as he was able to befriend her and me on the other hand am not able to talk to her properly at all. Today Isha was telling me about some party in which Ahaan had gone. He had sent her few videos and pics. She was talking about his new girlfriend I suppose Sneha as that's what Kriti had told me.

She was seeing photographs from party and I sat down next to her as I wanted to see my wife. There were few pics of her. She was wearing a red gown and today she had tried a new look and she looked awesome. I wanted to just go back home and pull Kriti into my arms. I was starting to have feelings for her. I think the way she cared for me and tried to look past my rough act made me attracted towards her.

Then I froze on seeing the next photo. It was Kriti dancing with Ahaan. She had her arms around him. She looked shocked but still happy. She was wearing mask but her locket gave her away. I tried to contain my emotions but it was too hard. Few more photos later there was a video message that was tagged as #gettingluckytonight. I tried to act normal but Isha played that video and my heart shattered. It was Kriti and Ahaan. Ahaan had his arms around my Kriti and he was leaning into her. Then he crowded her against a wall and winked at the camera. I wasn't able to see what happened next as the video was cut off but what I had seen was enough. The whole I love lord Krishna was a facade. Kriti was having an affair with Ahaan. She lied to me about Sneha and Ahaan. Ahaan's mysterious girlfriend is my wife. She was just using me for money. Well she proved her innocence. First time in my life I showed love and care towards someone and that is how she paid me back. How can she do that to me? I would immediately kick that selfish and character less girl out of my house. I would return home now. I am done with this mission.

************************************