Chapter 8 Responsibilities (Re-upload)

Okay so something is wrong and the Chapter 8 wasn't complete :/ I hope this works..

A S T R I D

"You could've handled this situation in a more, you know, non-violent way?!" I slap Snotlout's head at the back.

"He was askin for it!" He pounds his fists on the table.

I sigh in frustration as I look at Tuff and Ruff picking up broken pieces of plates on the ground.

"Yeah sure, you guys lounge around while we clean up" Tuffnut complains and rolls his eyes.

"Didn't you realize what you were saying?! You can't do these things once Hiccup becomes chief-"

"EXACTLY why I did it now. While Hiccup isn't chief yet, he needs someone to knock some sense into him" Snotlout cuts me off.

"To be fair, I also did say something that hurt him. But its not that I don't believe he would be a great chief. He just needs to handle a little more hurtful truth. Why did you guys fight anyway?" I ask him.

"Long story and I don't really plan on telling anyone"

"Suit yourself" I stand up and give thumbs up to Ruff and Tuff who glare at me.

<>

"Stoick? Is Hiccup home?" I knock at Hiccup's door the next day and Stoick greets me.

He looks at me with disappointing eyes.

"After all the people he counted on, it had to be you and Snotlout" Stoick says and I put my head down in shame.

"Hiccup hasn't been home since yesterday" He says before closing the door but I stop him.

"And you don't wonder where he is?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "He always needed time to himself when he has problems. Look Astrid, I know Hiccup could be overly sensitive at times but please, don't act like you didn't know that" He says before shutting the door in my face finally.

Stoick is right. Instead of Hiccup being put down by us, he needed the opposite.

What the heck am I supposed to do.

Okay. First instinct is to find Hiccup, even if I'm one of the last faces he would rather see.

<>

I searched around at the place we used to go to to watch the sunset. But no Hiccup. I already searched the forge in case he needed to invent his stress out. I already went to the forest spots he usually goes but he isn't there either. Could he have run away?

No. It's unlike him. He has responsibilities.

Responsibilities he was told he couldn't handle. Instant regret washed over me. Why would I even say that to him?

It was getting late and I decide to drop by the Great Hall. Ruff,Tuff,Snoutlout,and Fishlegs sat a little too quiet from their usual selves.

"Hey" I greet and they all just look at me sadly before handing over a piece of paper. I somehow felt if that if I took the letter, I'd be heartbroken. And I was right.

I need time to myself. Don't look for me.

Hiccup

"Great" I say placing my head in my hands in frustration.

"Where could he be?" Fishlegs asks in concern while nibbling on a chicken leg.

"He just said to not look for him" Snotlout says.

"I guess we just have to trust his letter" I say, holding back the tears.

Gobber walks by our table with sad eyes.

"Hiccup was always the sensitive type,yeah?"

"But he doesn't usually leave letters like this behind" I say.

"Should'nt that mean that we have to look for him?"

"I don't know. Won't he be mad that we did the opposite of what his letter said?" I look at the others.

"I don't think he'd be mad at the people who went out to look for him anyway" Gobber places a hand on my shoulder.

"Right"Ruffnut says placing a fist on the table and standing up. Tuff stands up followed by Fishlegs.

We look at Snotlout.

"Pretty sure I'm the last person he wants to see" Snotlout gets up and walks away.

"Well? You in Astrid?"

"Of course"

<><>

Short update :>

Hi guys lol