Chapter 2 Half Expectations

A S T R I D

I got up the next day extra early and in time to watch the sunrise. After I got ready, I went out the door and flew on Stormfly to my favorite sight spot in the forest.

After she dropped me off, I told her to go free and she left me, to get food I assume.

"I see you come here too" I heard a voice.

No. Scratch that, his voice.

"Yeah, it's the perfect spot to watch a sunrise or a sunset" I reply, feeling my heart suddenly doing rhythmic gymnastics.

There was silence, but only for a moment.

"Are you okay, Astrid?" He asks.

"Yeah, just a little cold"

"No, are you okay?" He knew that I knew what he meant. I turned around to look into his emerald green eyes.

"Yeah, never been better actually. After all, you were the one who ended this" I said walking past him.

"Astrid don't be like this" He mumbles.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Then how do to want me to be like? To beg you to take me back? To cry?!" I angrily replied.

"No! I want to know if you want me back" He says. We stood there staring at each other intently.

Until I found the guts to say it.

"No, I don't Hiccup"

What am I doing?!

~~~~~~~<•>~~~~~~

"No, I don't Hiccup"

She says before turning around and walking away. I stared at her until she completely disappeared.

"WELL I WANT YOU!" I yell and punched the tree. I dropped to my knees and let a tear fall. I half expected her to come back, take me in her arms and say that she wanted me back too, and that she loved me too much to let me go.

But then again, that's what I half expected and Astrid tends to do the unexpected.

Toothless suddenly appeared landing beside me.

"I miss her bud" I say and he pulls me into his wings, giving me a Toothless hug. (LIKE WHO CAN REJECT A TOOTHLESS HUG?!)

"Let's go home" I smile and hopped on his back.

As I flew, I can almost feel her soft arms gripping tightly onto my waist. Her chin on my shoulder, allowing me to sniff her scent. Just like the old days.

I feel myself being hurled into the waters of the beaches in Berk.

I swam to the surface and see Toothless on the shores, laughing his pathetic laugh and flapping his wings.

"Oh that's what you want?! Game on!" I smirk as we began wrestling around.

~~~~~~<•>~~~~~

"No, I don't Hiccup"

What am I doing?!

I turned around.

DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM HIM! OKAY DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP OR I WILL RUIN YOU! ALRIGHT TAKE ONE MORE STEP AND I KILL YOU.

No matter how loud my conscience screamed at me, I couldn't listen to any of it.

I wanted Hiccup back, and I was so stupid to let that opportunity slide.

"WELL I WANT YOU BACK"

I froze and turned around. He wasn't following me though, I didn't see any signs of him. Must be because I was too in love with him, my mind started playing tricks on me.

I shivered. I suddenly realized why it had been so cold, I left my hoodie at home.

~~~~<•>~~~~

Before I stepped completely into the house, I half expected him to greet me the way he greets me every time I got home.

"Good evening m'lady, how was your day?" He greets.

"It was fine, babe. Why are you home so early?" I see him sitting at the table, I walk to him and he immediately pulls me on his lap.

"Dad let me off early" He replies, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I smile and kiss him.

I shake my head and grab my coat upstairs.

...

I sat down on the table, eating breakfast by myself again, for the past year.

"Your food sucks, babe" Hiccup laughs.

"Like you could do any better" I snap.

"Aw but I still love it" He kisses my cheek.

I slam my fists on the table.

Just stop remembering his smile, his laugh, his scent. His strong arms, his voice, his eyes, his everything! I can't stop thinking about him, what do I do?!

Gods, I probably made him hate me even more. I just, miss him. Why did I say that?

We haven't talked to each other in forever, and today caught me so off-guard, that I didn't know what to say or do anymore.

I decided to stay home today, I don't want to risk seeing him for today. I'm so humiliated, and so stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Yas their first talk since over a year ago ;) how did you feel? Lol.

Btw im so pissed because wattpad didn't save this chapter that well so i had to rewrite it 5 times.

So im sorry if you feel like its being rushed, i promise to improve in the later chapters!

:)

Love you guys! Stay tuned!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋