Chapter 4 A Wild Hiccup Chase

A S T R I D

Okay, operation 'Get Hiccup to Listen to Astrid' is a go. First, I'm going to do the easy approach, which is just approach him at the forge and hope he won't run from me.

If all else fails, I'll get Fishlegs, Snotlout and Tuffnut to hold his legs and arms while I talk to him, which will be sacrificing the privacy but I'll do anything.

And if that fails, I've set up some traps in the forest since I know Hiccup loves escaping to the forest.

Let's do it.

~~~~~<•>~~~~~

I waited to approach him the next day hoping he already cooled down from yesterday.

I walked into the forge and saw him at the same place like yesterday, hunched over on his seat doodling.

I tapped my sides and started shaking.

"Uhm hey Hiccup" I greeted but he immediately stood up. He turned to me.

"Sorry no one's available" Hiccup says.

"But you're available"

"I'm not available" He says replying before grabbing his sword and journal and heading out without another word.

Boys, I hope you're being cooperative with me.

~~~<•>~~~

I didn't want to face her, I didn't want to face rejection or pain. As soon as I got away from the forge, I walked and walked, nowhere in particular to go to.

Suddenly Tuff, Snotlout and Fishlegs jump out from a corner and smirk at me.

"I'll grab his legs" Tuff says.

"Wait! I thought I'm grabbing his legs?!" Snotlout says.

"No! You grab his head!" Fishlegs smacks Snotlout's head.

I tilted my head at them in wonder.

"Aaargh! Just grab him!" Tuffnut says and they jumped me.

I widened my eyes as I fell to the ground. Tuff tried to grab my foot but I kicked him with my other one, Fishlegs couldn't get up so he was no problem, and Snotlout held my waist down. I kneed him in the nuts and he fell to the ground in pain.

"OH COME ON" I hear Astrid's voice and turn around to see her running towards us.

I turned back around and ran away. Why are they trying to jump me?! Are they trying to murder me?!

I ran towards the forest to get away from this madness.

I flicked away branches of leaves and twisted and turned through the trees. I panted and panted in exhaustion. I then stopped once I realize no one was chasing me anymore, then I notice a big X on the tree I stopped at. I walked closer to it and something suddenly tied itself to my foot, lifting me off and upside down from the ground while my sword fell to the ground in the process.

"Great" I sigh and try to reach the rope around my foot but it was no use. I gave up and let my arms fall free.

I heard footsteps and I kept quiet.

I heard panting and the footsteps became louder.

"Hiccup!" I heard her voice. Her angelic and dangerous voice.

"Astrid!" I called out. I saw some bushes rustling and out came Astrid, staring at me with her blue eyes. She smiles in relief and fell to the floor in exhaustion from probably chasing me everywhere.

~~~~~~<•>~~~~~~

"YES IT WORKS" I praised the sky.

"I'm so exhausted!" I yell at him. I gaze at him upside down, he looks cute like this. Pouting and crossing his arms.

"Let me down Astrid" He growls.

"Not until you listen to me" I answer, pulling out my knife.

"Ugh, I have no choice" He gives up.

"What I said the other day wasn't true, I want you back. Real bad. I just wanted to let you know, but you kept running from me, and I understand why. Before I leave you alone, I just wanted you to know I still care and want you badly. So yeah, I guess I'll cut you down from there now" I blush and not looking at him in the eyes, humiliated.

I cut the rope that connected to the tree and Hiccup fell with a light thud beside me and I kept my knife. I turned around about to walk away, but a hand grabbed my wrist and yanked me down, causing me to fall on Hiccup's lap.

"Sorry, I--" I blushed hard and tried to get up but he held me close to him. I processed what was happening.

"I love you, so much" He whispers and nuzzles into my neck. I closed my eyes and smiled, I hugged him and we stayed this way for the longest time.

"You scared me, m'lady" He says tapping my nose.

"Yeah well" I shrug having no reason. He smiles and gets up, pulling me up with him.

He then holds my hand and we start to walk out the forest.

"So are we good now?" I ask.

"Of course" He replies.

"Haddock" I say.

"Hm?" He looks back at me when I tug him lightly.

"I love you too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

THERE YOU GUYS WANTED THIS! You got it!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋