Chapter 10 // Deal

A S T R I D

The next morning we got a move on, desperate to find a clue about Hiccup's whereabouts.

"Hey guys look, it's a whole village and--" Fishlegs was cut off.

Suddenly nets sprang up from the sky and caught only Fishlegs and I. We came down spiral from the sky, Cloudjumper desperate to make a soft landing on the ground. The others followed cautiously.

"Heh for the first time Astrid is actually below me" Snotlout says as he lands.

"Is this a good time?" I glared at him from under the nets.

"Uh guys?" Fishlegs say motioning somewhere with his head, making us focus more on what was actually happening around us. Strangers, everywhere. One was kneeled in front of me, his eyes scanning me curiously. He tilted his head.

"You can get us out, oh you know, when you're finished observing?" I said with sarcasm.

He didn't reply. "Call him, tell him we shot down some folks" He motioned to the scrawny boy beside him and sent him off running somewhere.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" He asks standing up. The others and the dragons are already surrounded by men holding spears and giving us stern looks.

"Well, we just happened to casually fly past, minding our own business, when I don't know, YOU SHOT US DOWN?!"

"This is not your territory" He replies.

"Hey listen man we don't want any-" Snotlout attempted to step close but gets cut off when the man trips him with the spear and points the sharp end inches away from Snotlouts eyeball.

"I wasn't asking you"

"Hey" A very familiar voice says from behind. The crowd makes a path for...

HICCUP?!

"HICCUP" Everyone exclaims.

"Thank God your alive!" Tuffnut runs and hugs him.

Hiccup doesn't react, only looks down at me wide eyed. It took a few seconds before he could finally kneel down and help me out of my net.

I got up and hugged him, he put his arms tightly around me in return.

"I thought I lost you" I whisper. He sighs and buries his face in my neck.

Someone clears their throat and it was the very 'welcoming' man that shot us down.

"Oh Greg, this is Astrid. My wife"

He emphasizes the word wife too aggressively that I furrow my eyebrows at him.

Greg lets out a frustrated sigh. "That cannot be. tsk tsk"

"And you are?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Greg if it wasn't crystal clear to you. I rule the village of  Barba (made up lame like myself)"

"So?"

"I, young lady, have prepared an arranged marriage between this young man..." pointing to Hiccup