Your First Major Fight (Kara Danvers)

You grabbed a bottle from the shelf in the apartment you shared with your boss. Some days Lucy didn't feel like a boss, more like a best friend, but today was not one of those days. She was stressed and while you understood it, you weren't sure why you'd been the one who was getting the majority of it all.

"Lucy, I just don't feel that the city is completely safe." You heard Kara's voice and was about to go say hi, but then she said something that shocked you. "I know that she isn't her sister, but Y/n could seriously hurt someone. Today with you proved that."

"It wasn't her fault." Lucy said and Kara made a sound that didn't sound good. "She's your girlfriend, have a bit of faith in her."

"I have faith in her, but she could have killed Alex and you." Kara said and a tear rolled down your cheek. Today had been an accident, sometimes your powers spiked around certain things and someone had brought a chemical or something that had caused a spike. Luckily, you'd gotten the fire down in time before anybody got seriously hurt, but there had been some minor injuries.

"Kara, she's the reason that we're alive." Lucy said and you realized that all she'd really done while she was here was defend you in some way. You were kind of problematic and it seemed like things would be easier if you put in your resignation, but you weren't sure what'd happen to you if you did.

"She's also the reason your lives were in danger to begin with." Kara said and you sniffled. "Shit."

"I get it, I'm a danger." You said and Kara's look softened while Lucy glared daggers at you. "I guess it was stupid for me to ever think that I could be normal. I mean, I get people killed or hurt, isn't that right Kara?"

"I didn't mean it like that." Kara said and you felt your hands heat up.

"Lucy, I'm sorry for all my trouble." You said before looking at Kara. "Don't try to explain anything to me Kara, I know what you meant. Which is exactly why we're going to take some time off and if you chase after me, chances are, you're going to have to fucking kill me."

"Y/n." Kara said and you slammed the door behind you. "I fucked up."

"You really did." Lucy said and you walked around the city, looking for a place to stay.