V.

Harry Styles

Me: Meg?

Me: Meg, please answer me

Me: I know I messed up with leaving you at the party, but you haven't been at school for four days. I'm getting really worried 😰😢😥

Me: I'm assuming that you're more mad than I thought, so I guess I'll wait until you respond. I hope you'll do that. I miss you and I'm so so sorry for the damage that I've caused. I hope you can forgive me.

I sigh quietly as I put my phone away. It's been four days since Meg had stopped showing up to school and five days since that disastrous party. The first day she didn't show up, I assumed that it was because she was so embarrassed and ashamed. The next day I was surprised because I figured that she would have shown up even if she didn't want to. By Wednesday, I began to text Meg, asking her what's wrong.

There's been no response.

Today is Thursday and I am beside myself with worry. Francis didn't show up to school until Wednesday and even then, he basically avoided everyone, especially me and seemed to be off in his own little world. Videos and pictures of what happened have been circulating around the school and had even reached administration. They're currently looking into the situation and I can only hope that they end up expelling Emilia, and maybe get her arrested for assault.

Today is the day that I'm going to confront Francis and ask him what's going on. I can only hope that he's going to talk to me. My worry is growing with each passing second and I can only hope that she's okay. Maybe my fears are completely irrational. Even though she thinks that I didn't notice, I had taken note of how she had seemed to collapse against my side when we were taking pictures. Though she managed to hide it well, I knew that something was really wrong at the time.

"Harry, are you paying attention?" Lia asks as she sits on the edge of the stage. "Is something the matter?" she asks with a slight frown.

"Yes ma'am," I say, nodding as I smile at her.

"Come talk to me after class," she says before turning away. I let out a quiet sigh at this but I know I actually will go talk to her. Even though she's just my drama teacher, she's also one of those few teachers that actually care about her pupils. It helps that we feel more close to her because she allows us to use her name as well.

The rest of the class goes by fairly quickly, by only because we're doing a lot of improv activities. When the bell rings, I hang back and wait for Lia to come over and talk. She has to talk to some of the other students about their journals but is soon walking over to me. Her eyebrows are furrowed in concern and I take a deep breath.

"So I really like this girl," I begin as I run my fingers through my hair. "And I may have messed up, but the situation wasn't necessarily my fault. I just happened to invite her to the event and..." I can tell from the look that Lia is giving me that she knows exactly who I'm talking about. It's all anyone talked about on Monday and a school wide email had been sent out. It didn't single out what happened to Meg, but it talked about a party and someone getting bullied.

"And she's not been showing up to classes and had been avoiding your texts?" Lia guesses. I nod slowly. "You like this girl, right?"