XI.

a/n: in case there was any confusion, Harry was a virgin when he had sex with Meg. He may have hooked up/messed around with Shea and a few other girls, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he did the deed (the rumours were not true). I thought that I'd say that in case people got confused. Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

__________

"And finally, last but certainly not least, Margaret Faber!" Greta, the head nurse says as she reads my name aloud. Everyone gathered in the large conference room begin to clap loudly. The children cheer loudly and I see my parents crying as they watch me walk across the makeshift stage. Philip is being held by Greta and he's smiling wide as he holds my diploma. The school had sent it over when it had become clear that I would be unable to walk at graduation.

I was fine with watching movies and eating ice cream in lieu of having a celebration, but Harry wasn't. He talked with hospital officials and nurses and got them to agree to having a small ceremony in one of the conference rooms. He, along with Francis, decided to skip going to graduation to spend their evening with me. They're clapping loudly for me as I take my diploma from Philip who smiles shyly at me. He holds his small hand up and I immediately give him a light high-five.

"Thanks, buddy," I say, smiling at him. He smiles again before hiding his face in the crook of Greta's neck.

"Congrats," Harry says as he kisses my forehead. "Te amo, Princesa." My cheeks grow warm at his words and I lean my head against his chest for a few moments. Francis lets out a quiet huff before wrapping his arms around the two of us.

"I'm here too," he says grumpily. Harry and I laugh quietly before pinching his sides as our parents take pictures of us. The three of us walk around, talking and spending time with the kids who came to celebrate our graduation with us. Drinks and food are passed around and I'm honestly relieved that I felt good enough tonight to do this. Sure, I'm exhausted and I feel like throwing up, but I'm happy. I've graduated high school and the next thing I have to do is start college. I know that things may be hard since I'll probably still be recovering, but I'll be with Harry.

We're sharing an apartment together; he had to sign under his name but we already know how we're splitting the rent. Mom and Dad were hesitant at first but they allowed us to be roommates when they heard that the place would have three bedrooms. Though, I'm sure both of them are aware that we'll be sharing a bed most nights. We still need to find a third person, but I doubt that'll be too hard. It'll probably end up being one of Harry's teammates. Francis is staying in the dorms and is going to use the random 'lottery'. I can only hope that it'll work out for him.

"Meg, it's starting to get late," Dad says as he walks up to me. I've been sitting with Arlene, a ten year old girl battling leukemia like me. Most of the younger kids were sent to bed, so the party is starting to die down. I know that this is my father's way of saying that he wants me to lie down and I decide not to fight him on this.

"I'll see you later Arlene," I say with a small smile. "Thank you for coming tonight. I had a lot of fun," I add as I lean down to give her a hug. Her frail arms wrap around me and we wave before I walk off with my father.

"I think that your mother and I will leave in a few minutes," Dad says as I loop my arm around his. "We agreed that giving you some time to spend with Francis and Harry before visiting hours are over would be a good idea," he adds as he leads me over to where my mom is, talking to a nurse. Her head turns towards me and she gives me a wide smile.

"I'm so proud of you, Margaret," she says quietly as she wraps her arms around me. The two of us stand there for a few moments, embracing each other. Harry, his mother and Gemma come walking up to us and all three hug me.