X.

As I walked into prom, I saw many people give me surprised looks. I know that it's because I haven't been to school in weeks, but also because I've lost all my hair. I look drastically different from the last time they saw me. I put fake eyelashes on and drew on eyebrows, but nothing could hide my bald head.

I had run into Carson and Luke, and surprisingly, they both apologised for what they did. They were incredibly uncomfortable as they did this but I could tell that they were being mostly genuine. Emilia was at the dance as well, having been invited by someone on the football team. I was glad to know that she had been expelled, but deep down, I know that it wasn't enough. I should have pressed charges but I couldn't handle that mentally.

There is always going to be a part of me that regrets not doing anything, but I know it was the right thing to do for me. The only solace I have in all of this is that Emilia has become a social pariah. No one dares approach her, or her prom date. They actually look miserable.

"Let's go, Meg," Harry says into my ear before pulling me away to a corner of the room. We dance together slowly despite the fast pop music playing over the speakers. I feel completely at ease. Francis had wandered over to the table that had trays of food almost as soon as we arrived and was busy stuffing his face.

"You're having fun, right?" Harry murmurs quietly as I rest my head on his chest.

"Of course," I say, loud enough for him to hear. "I love being here with you." I feel his lips lightly press against my forehead and I feel a sudden rush of emotions at this simple gesture.

"And you're feeling okay?" he asks.

"I feel amazing," I reply. "I haven't felt this beautiful in a long time, and I have you to thank for that." I feel him smile against my skin and soon, the music changes from a fast pop song to the first slow one of the night.

"I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself," Harry says, moving his head so he's looking down at me. His eyes are flashing with emotion and his lips are curved up in a loving smile.

As we slowly dance to the music, I feel the rush of emotions coming back to me. My pulse quickens and I realise what I'm currently feeling. It's exactly what I felt when I was with Reed and all of this means that I really have moved on. I slowly open my mouth to speak, but the nerves hit me and I decide to just kiss the edge of his jaw. I see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"Harry, I..." I begin slowly, my voice trailing away as I try to figure out the right words to say.

"How would you feel about leaving early?" he asks quietly, his lips barely an inch away from my ear. I shiver slightly at the feeling of his breath on my neck and I pull away to see that he's smirking at me. There's a mischievous glint in his eyes and I have a feeling that I know what's on his mind.

"If you're suggesting that we sneak away..." I whisper quietly as I slowly twirl one of his curls around my finger. "Then let's go." I see his eyes flash with surprise at me being so willing to go but he quickly recovers and moves so his arm is wrapped around my waist.

"We should probably tell Francis first," he mumbles as he looks around for him. He's still by the table of food, but he's with someone. I recognise the other person as Zayn, a guy I've had in several of my art classes. When we approach the two, I see Francis narrow his eyes at Harry and I.