Part 5: Helping at the Cafe and Dirty Houses

~The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger~ Fall Out Boy

Tadashi woke a few hours after they had gone to bed. (Y/n) was mumbling in her sleep next to him. He had offered to sleep on the couch and let her take his bed but she had put up a pretty good argument. So they both ended up in his bed.

"No~." She groaned in a low voice. Tadashi turned to face her and pushed some hair out of her face. She didn't have to tell him that she had suffered emotional scars from her past experiences. Her joke about her blind panic had been real.

He had no problem imagining what she must have felt running away from the man. Her terror. Her memories rushing to catch up with her. Her not being able to think clearly as she ran which must have resulted in her getting more cuts than necessary.

It's no wonder she continuously yells at Fred to get off her. Or when she flinches when Honey Lemon makes wild hand gestures. Or why Gogo's speed bike frightens her.

"Stay away." She grumbled as she shifted closer to Tadashi. He didn't know if he should wake her up or not. She was obviously having a nightmare. He settled for wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his chest. 

She latched onto his shirt and nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck. He smiled and buried his nose in her hair as he drifted back to sleep.

(Y/n) woke up early the next morning but didn't open her eyes. She was covered in a thin layer of sweat and was panting slightly. Her dreams the previous night had not been pleasant and along with her injuries, she was aching both mentally and physically.

It was then that she noticed the scent that surrounded her. It was comprised of bakery smells and coppery wires yet it also smelled of human and....safety. She hummed in contentment and clutched the fabric in her hands tighter.

"So warm." She mumbled as she pressed herself closer to the heat source. She heard a quiet moan come from just above her head. "Tadashi." She mumbled as she remembered last night's events.

"Hmm?" Came his groggy response as he was not fully awake.

"We should cuddle all the time. You're really comfy." She tangled her legs with his to prove her point. Tadashi's eyes snapped open and his face became a heavy shade of red.

"I....uh..... what?" He squeaked as she giggled.

"You heard me." She moved her hands up his chest to wind her arms around his neck. A series of squeaks came from Tadashi's mouth at a rapid pace. "English, Tadashi." She giggled. His heart rate sped up and he stuttered even more.

"Wow. I've never seen him this flustered. You have a special talent, (Y/n)." Hiro whistled as he observed the scene from his place at the privacy blind. Tadashi, upon hearing Hiro's voice, tried to untangle them but failed miserably. 

"No~! Tadashi, you can't leave. You're too warm." Every word that she spoke was clearly felt by Tadashi as her lips were brushing against the hollow of his throat. 

"(Y/n), I have to get up." He struggled against her.

"Why? You don't have school today." She tangled her fingers in his hair.

"We have to help Aunt Cass down in the cafe today." Hiro clarified.

"Oh, well if that's the case," she quickly let go of him and untangled their legs, "I can let you go." She sat up and stretched her arms above her head letting out a tiny mewl of appreciation. Tadashi's face was still as red as a summer sunset.

"Can I help out too?" She added as an afterthought. Tadashi sat up along with her.

"Are you sure you don't want to rest? Your injuries are nowhere near healed." Tadashi looked at her as if she were the most fragile thing on the planet.