Part 10: Defeating Callaghan, The News, And Movie Night

~I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive, now I only waste it dreaming of you.~ -Fallout Boy

(Y/n) awoke to Hiro shaking her and Tadashi. Immediately her head started pounding. Tadashi sat up taking her with him. She groaned and leaned her head on his shoulder, arms wrapped around his neck.

"Come on you guys! You need to suit up so we can go!" Hiro pleaded.

"Okay, Hiro. We'll be right down." Tadashi told him. He left to go get Baymax ready. "Come on, (Y/n). time to get up." He coaxed. She froze as memories of last night came back to her. She decided to play dumb.

"Ugh, what happened last night?" She questioned. Tadashi's heart slightly fell. She didn't remember kissing him. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"Not much. Just a bunch of giggling at stupid things and then you passed out." She nodded. Maybe he didn't remember her kissing him. 

"Right. I'll get the ibuprofen." She mumbled and climbed off him, taking her warmth with her. Gazing longingly at her as she left, Tadashi shivered as a cool breeze replaced the space where she used to be. 

~Time Skipaloo~

"This beautiful new campus," Krei stated over the PA system, "is the culmination of a lifelong dream. But none of this would've been possible without a few bumps in the road. Those setbacks made us stronger, and set us on the path to a bright future." The audience cheered and Hiro gave the signal to move in.

"Setback?" Callaghan shouted angrily. "Was my daughter a "setback"?" Krei's face fell drastically as Callaghan caught him in his clutches.

"Callaghan! But you... Your daughter, that... That was an accident." He stuttered.

"No! You knew it was unsafe." He squeezed Krei a little harder causing him to groan in pain. "My daughter is gone because of your arrogance." He motioned for the microbots to bring in the teleporter over the new campus building.

"What are you doing?"

"You took everything from me when you sent Abigail into that machine. Now I'm taking everything from you." 

"No! No! No! You can't!"

"You're going to watch everything you've built disappear. Then, it's your turn."

"Professor Callaghan! Let him go! Is this what Abigail would've wanted?" Hiro yelled over the noise. Everyone got into a battle position behind him.

"Abigail is gone!" 

"This won't change anything. Trust me, I know." (Y/n) shouted referencing her parents.

"Listen to the kid, Callaghan. Please, let me go. I'll give you anything you want!" If only Krei hadn't spoken.

"I want my daughter back!" And now there was fighting. A surge of microbots split us up. Hiro scrambled for Baymax while Tadashi rushed to (Y/n)'s side.

"Go for the mask!" Baymax took off and ultimately got caught as Hiro was flung off into the building. Everyone else charged forward to provide some assistance. Fred yelled and jumped straight into the fray. He got caught on all four limbs being stretched apart. Gogo zipped down into the courtyard and dodged a few shots before she was confined in a microbot ball. Wasabi was doing well, slicing and dicing the micro bots. That is until the floor tile came up and squished him. Honey Lemon immediately made a shield cover and got stuck there. Tadashi tried to go to her aid but got caught between the wall of the building and a wall of micro bots. (Y/n) rushed towards Hiro but got flung up in the air, and became trapped in one of the columns holing up the portal.