♙ PANDEMONIUM

Chapter 1: Pandemonium

"You know what we are."

     The dagger flew out of Damien's hand, hitting the center of the target. "And I thought your greatest weakness was the dagger," Damien's best friend Jace pointed out with a roll of his eyes. Damien smirked as he walked up and pulled the knife from the target. It had buried itself deep into it, and he had to pull hard to be able to take it out.

"I never said I wasn't good at it," Damien argued, turning his head over his shoulder to look at his friend. "I just said it was the weapon I was worst with." Jace shot a glare towards Damien, and Damien gave him a wide, sarcastic smile. Damien pushed his hair back with his fingers in attempt to get it out of his face, the sweat off of his forehead being used as hair gel. According to Maryse Lightwood, Damien looked most like this father than anyone, despite him being half-fae. He had been training all day, with only breaks to eat. Damien was about to suggest to Jace that they should spar, when Alec Lightwood came running into the room, dressed in gear. Damien raised an eyebrow.

"Get your gear on, there's a demon at the Pandemonium," Alec ordered. Damien and Jace shared a glance before obeying. Damien sprinted past Alec, knowing that he was usually right about demons being in places they shouldn't be. Within ten minutes he managed to sprint up to his room on the third floor and change out of his training gear into his work gear as well as combing his hair. On his way out he had run into Izzy, who had her hair brushed down perfectly, a smoky eye look, and a tight fitting white dress which covered her runes.

"I think my fashion tips saved your sense, Izz," Damien said. Isabelle let out a light laugh, shaking her head.

"The only thing you taught me was not to match black jeans with an oversized black shirt," she replied, and Damien couldn't help but smile. "And to be honest, I looked sexy in that."

"You looked like a teletubbie threw up my soul on you. It was your worst outfit," he claimed teasingly, gaining a smile from Jace.

"What's taking so long?! We don't have all day, we've got a demon to catch!" Alec shouted up at them. Damien started sprinting down the stairs, not bothering to make sure Izzy and her 8 inch heels were following him. He had no idea how she fought in those things. He walked next to Alec, putting an arm around his shoulder playfully.

"Why don't they just shut that damn place down? Or get wards? I swear this is our third mission there this month," Damien grumbled. Alec laughed, agreeing with Damien.

"True," he said. "But hey, this is our job." Izzy finally caught up with the three of them, and put one arm around each Alec and his necks, standing between the two, so Damien was on the end, and Jace and Alec were walking next to each other. Damien felt jealousy course through him, and he tried to ignore it. He had a crush on Alec for as long as he could remember, but he had to live with the fact Alec would never love him. They were best friends, nothing more. At least to Alec. Damien exhaled before turning to his friends.

"So what's the plan?" Damien asked. It was different every time, the group of them always had different tactics when it came to fighting demons. Every time they had a different plan of who would do what. It was Jace who answered.

"We'll be hiding in one room," he said. "Izzy will be luring the demon into the room we're at, and then we fight." Damien nodded his head. Once they were in view of the Pandemonium, Izzy broke the silence.