Chapter 7 Heartbroken

Y/N's Pov

The next day while I was taking my breakfast Izana entered the dining room..

"Good morning bro" I greeted him.

"Morning. How are you?" His tone was different, but I didn't think much of it. Maybe he didn't sleep well...

"Hungry." I chuckled. "How about you?"

"Fine. But we need to talk" He said.

"Breakfast is coming first."

"Y/n, are you in love with Obi?"

My heart stopped. I looked at him with my eyes widened. Why was he asking me all of a sudden? What do I say to him? He can't know about that.

"Why are you saying that?"

"You didn't answer my question" his eyes were piercing me, staring deep into my soul. I had never seen my brother like that. He scared me.

"No, I am not in love with Obi"

"The truth Y/n"

"I am telling you the truth"

"No, you're not." He came closer to me. "Y/N, that guy doesn't deserve you."

"And why is that?" I asked and folded my arms.

"Do you know what that man has done? You may think you know him, but you don't."

"Actually, I do. Obi has told me everything about his past. And I'm the kind of person that believes that what's in the past, is in the past."

"I don't trust him to be your boyfriend."

"But you trust him to keep me safe?"

"Y/N!" He shouted and I flinched. All the maids there stopped whatever they were doing and looked at us. I couldn't believe he had just yelled at me. Izana never yelled at me. He sighed and calmed down. "Obi is not your prince charming, end of story." I was tearing up. I hated how he talked about Obi "Enjoy your breakfast." He said and walked out.

I looked around and all the maids immediately went back to their business. I ran out of there. How could he embarrass me like that in front of them? And how dare he interfere with my love life?

I leaned with my back against the wall outside the dining room and wiped away my tears.

"Y/n, are you okay?" I heard Obi's voice. I turned to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Obi" I muttered and hugged him, soaking his shirt with my tears.

"It's okay, everything's going to be okay" He said and patted my head. When I realized what I was doing, I let go of him, and wiped my tears away once again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I didn't answer. I couldn't even look at him. "Come on" He said and took my hand in his, taking me somewhere. His hand was so warm. I liked the way it made me feel.

"Were are we going?"

"Somewhere quiet. I don't like seeing you cry." He said, making me blush.

He took my to the forest and we just followed the path. We were walking without saying anything. He was starring at me but I tried to ignore him.

"You were really good with that sword" Obi said with a smile.

"Thanks" I said, still not looking at him.

He suddenly stopped walking and I finally looked at him. "Y/n, it's probably not the right time to tell you this, but-"

"No, Obi, I know what you are thinking and-"

"No you don't" He didn't let me finish.
He took my hand and placed it on his chest. I could feel his heart beating really fast. "Do you feel that? That's how my heart beats when I am with you. I am in love with you Y/n"

I wanted to smile and tell him that I felt the same, but I remembered what Izana told me and I was scared of what he would do to Obi if I disobeyed him. So I pulled my hand away from his body and looked away. "I can't, Obi, I... Just-"

"I understand, you don't feel the same way"

"No, it's not like that" I blurted out. I wasn't thinking.

"Then what is it?"

Dammit, what do I say now? "I have to go" I started walking away but he grabbed my hand.

"No, Y/n, please tell me" I tried to break free but he wouldn't let me.

"Obi, let me go."

"Not until you tell me why you can't be with me." His voice was getting rougher, more persistent.

"Let me go you fool. Don't you get it? What will my people think about us? I can't be with someone who killed for money." Saying those words was killing me. I hated it. I hated the way he looked at me when I said it. Because I knew I broke him. Oh, Obi, if only you knew how much it hurts me to hurt you.

He suddenly let go of my hand. "So that's how you see me? Is that all I am to you?"

"It is what it is, Obi. Now, if you excuse me" I said and walked away from him. When I was far enough, I looked at him for one last time and ran away, crying my heart out. I just hurt the man I love. I was so angry with myself. And so sad.

I'm so sorry Obi. I wish it didn't have to be this way. I wish I could be with you. But we can't. I can't let him hurt you...

Obi's Pov

After Y/n left me in that forest, all I could feel was pain. I let my tears fall. My heart was broken.

------------------------------------

Heyyy💋 This part was a little bigger than the others, I hope you enjoyed it😘