Chapter 9 The first move

Y/n's Pov

I didn't know what to do. For a moment I thought it would be better to go back to my room but I changed my mind.

"Come on, you have to be brave" I said to myself.

"Hey" I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Hey" he said without turning around to face me. "Please stop standing there, it's a little akward". My eyes widened. He knew I was here the whole time.

I took a deep breath and went closer to him. "Obi, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. Please don't be mad at me."

"I am not mad at you. How could I?"

I smiled as I felt relieved. "That means I can sit here with you?"

"Sure" I sat down next to him."So, tomorrow is you big day. Are you ready for the ball?" he asked me.

"Honestly, I am not. I never liked balls."

He was just looking at me like a was an alien. "What? Why?"

"I will tell you, if you promise you won't laugh"

"I promise"

"I.... Don't know how to dance" Now he was looking at me with his mouth completely open.... And then he started laughing.... "Heyyy, you promised" I frowned.

"I am sorry. You just surprised me. A princess who doesn't know how to dance. Wow... But, I think I can help with that. Follow me."

"Where are we going?"

"Come on" He grabbed my hand. My heart was beating so fast, like it was going to break.

He guided me to the ballroom. "What are we doing here?"

"You will see. You just have to come a little closer" He placed his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. He was so close to me. I felt like I couldn't breath.

"Now, look deep into my eyes and follow my steps"

"What are you doing?"

"I am teaching you how to dance"

"What? You are crazy"

"Maybe" We both smiled. We stayed in silence for a little while.

I was surprised by how good of a dancer he was. "You are a very good dancer. How did you learn dancing?"

"I had been to a ball in Tunbarun once." He explained.

"I see"

Suddenly he smiled at me. "What?"

"You are dancing"

"What? No, I-" And then I realized, I was dancing indeed.

"Oh my god, I am dancing. Obi, I am dancing" I was so happy that night. We were dancing for hours, without saying a word, looking deep into each other's eyes.

Later that night Obi followed me to my room. "I had a lot of fun today Obi. Thanks to you"

"It was nothing, you're welcome"

I smiled. "Goodnight Obi" I kissed him on the cheek and got in my room.

Obi's Pov

I was just standing there watching her close the door behind her. I went to my room. I closed the door. I touched my cheek and smiled. "Goodnight Y/n" I whispered.....

---------------------------------------