Our Song (13)

I didn't want to open my eyes. That was the last thing I wanted to do at that moment. I was awake, and yet my eyelids were heavy.

I couldn't remember if it was a school day or not. I was hoping it wasn't because I didn't want to get out of bed. What day was it, anyway?

When my eyes finally opened, the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't in my room. Actually, I was in a room that I hadn't ever been in before. I would have shot up if whatever I was lying on wasn't probably the most comfortable thing ever.

I looked over to see that what I was lying on was a chest, and was going to freak out until I looked up to see the face that belonged to this chest. It was Blake, not some stranger from the party that I had gone to the night before.

But then I started to freak out anyway, because I was in bed with Blake, and I had absolutely no recollection of the previous night after I had started drinking. Anything could have happened and I wouldn't have even known!

I sat up, looking to see that we both still had our clothes on. Nothing felt different, and I was sure that something was supposed to feel different since I hadn't ever had sex before.

But in all honesty, the thought of losing my virginity to Blake wasn't what scared me. What scared me was that I didn't remember a single second of it.

Blake suddenly rubbed at his eyes, groaning as he sat up along with me. I held my breath, afraid of what he might say to me.

"I see you're awake," he greeted with a nod, and I wasn't about to admit that his bedhead was seriously hot. "I expected you to sleep in, considering how much you drank last night."

I shook my head, biting the inside of my lip to stop myself from squeaking. I shook my head so hard that it pounded, and this only caused me to bite down on the inside of my lip even harder.

Blake reached over and put his headphones on as if they were glasses and he needed them to help him see. "Are you alright?"

"What did we do last night?" I gulped, afraid of what the answer possibly could have been. I actually wanted to ask him if he had any aspirin, but this question was more important. If I was so drunk that I didn't even remember what had happened, then anything could have gone down.

Blake's eyebrows furrowed at me. "You don't remember?"

I shook my head. "The last thing I remember is Cassie giving me a cup of beer."

I didn't even remember seeing Blake the night before at all. Just how drunk had I been?

"We didn't do anything," Blake assured me as he pressed a button on his iPod to make his music start playing. "You went outsidefor air and I found you there. I didn't want you going back into the party as trashed as you were, so...  I brought you back here."

He seemed uncomfortable for some reason, which I didn't really understand since we hadn't done anything the night before. I guess it was awkward to have me in his bed with him.

"Thank you for, um, taking care of me," I finally said. "I don't know what would have happened if you didn't help me."

Blake smiled at me slightly. "It was no problem, really. I was glad I could help."

Blake had always been the sweetest guy I'd ever met. Sean wasn't sweet; he just thought his looks and his popularity would get him whatever he wanted. And it was the same for Derrick, who didn't even seem to care about any girls at all. But Blake was so different from both of them.

Without either of us realizing it, we both began to lean in closer, as if there was some kind of magnetic pull between us. When I finally noticed what we were doing and what was about to happen, I didn't pull away. I moved in even closer, wanting it more than I had ever wanted anything else.