Our Song (17)

Blake and I returned to school before second period even ended, and neither of us knew what to do. We knew we would definitely get in trouble if we both just walked into second period this late together, so we knew that that was definitely out of the question... But we only had fifteen minutes left, so I guessed that it was fine if we just stayed outside in the hallway...

"Well, look who decided to finally show up," a voice suddenly said after we walked through a few of the hallways to get in front of our second period. "Did you two have a nice breakfast? I'm sure you did."

"Sean," I snapped, taking a step in front of Blake, as if I was protecting him from Sean, which was probably the smart thing to do. "Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

No emotion crossed his face as he said, "I wasn't going to go to class until I knew you were here."

I swallowed. "Sean."

"I saw you take her away at that party past Friday," Sean snapped, ignoring me and turning toward Blake as I stood there in complete shock. I knew Blake had taken me from the party, but I didn't know that anyone else knew! "She was obviously drunk. Where did you take her, Solo?"

Blake didn't look scared at all, and I'm not going to lie, it was kind of a turn on. Sean was bigger and older, but Blake wasn't about to back down. Was he really going to fight for me when I was the one that had gotten him into this fight in the first place?

"I took her to my apartment," Blake informed him now, and his tone made it obvious that he was rubbing it in. "Which I live in. Alone."

Sean now lifted his fist, and I felt like screaming. He wouldn't actually hit him, would he? We might have been the only ones in the hallway, but we were still at school!

"Sean!" I shouted, slipping in front of Blake before he could swing. "Just get out of here and leave him alone! He never did anything to you! Stop picking on him and pick on someone your own size! He's never ever done anything to you!"

"You're right," he agreed. "But he did something to you."

"No, he didn't," I denied, knowing Blake wouldn't do anything like that to me. "Blake actually cares about me, Sean. He'd never force me into doing anything I didn't want to. He'd never do something to me when I didn't know what was going on! He cares about me!"

"But I love you!"

"And I love Blake!"

I stood there in complete shock, not believing what I had just shouted. It almost beat the shock that I felt from Sean actually saying that he loved me. He hadn't ever said anything like that before in the six years that I had known him...

I then glanced at Blake, whose eyes were wide as he stared at me. His lips were parted slightly, and he looked like he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing. I knew that he didn't hear my accidental confession, but he could still read my lips...

Sean suddenly turned toward Blake, who still looked just as shocked as I was, and lunged for him. I screamed, unable to hold it in, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Part of me hoped that someone heard my scream, but then another part of me didn't. If anyone saw what was happening, the two of them would at least get suspended for sure!

The two of them fought, each one getting the upper hand every now and then. I only watched them for a few moments, hating that I was completely helpless as I stood there. Why did I have to be a stupid, weak girl who couldn't do anything? I had to do something before one of them killed the other!

"Stop it!" I finally cried out, slapping Sean right across the face without even thinking twice.

He covered his cheek with his hand, and the look he was giving me nearly broke my heart. It was a look that I hadn't ever seen from Sean before, and it nearly knocked the wind out of me. He then turned away from me, darting off down the hall without a word to me.