Chapter 4

Ichimatsu's POV

I woke up to find myself the only one left in the futton.

Did I overslept?

I rose up and rolled the futton. After changing my clothes, I decided to go outside to take a walk, and probably find my brothers.

We usually have breakfast together but since no one's in the house then I'll just skip it.

Everything seems normal outside, there are people walking pass me, some are talking and some are laughing. Everything seems fine except...

Where are my brothers?

I tried to look everywhere but I can't find them.

Where are they?

I even entered different buildings but they're still not there.

Are they pranking me?

I'm starting to feel anxious.

Why did they go without me?

I walk past the alleys.

"Where are you brothers?" I muttered quietly to myself.

I heard something from my right. I quickly turned my head and realized that I was standing in front of a dark alley.

I took a step closer and heard a faint sound that looks like it's coming from the other end of the alley.

"Brothers?"

I didn't even hesitate and walked towards the direction where the sound is coming from.

The alley seemed to be getting darker and darker on every step I take. It was so dark to the point where I could not see a single thing.

Did I make a mistake?

Maybe I should go back. I'm not even sure if the sound is coming from my brothers.

I was about to turn around and walk away until I finally heard it again. The sound turned out to be a groan. I think I know who it is..

Please let me be mistaken.

I finally saw a figure in the dark. It looks like it's walking towards me.

I didn't realize that I was walking towards it. My feet seemed to move on its own. But as I got closer to it, I realized that it was not walking......

It was limping.

When I was finally close enough, I was finally able to make it out.

Shit.shit.shit.shit.shit.shit.shit.

I wasn't wrong....... The groan really was from Shittymatsu..

Why is he like that?

I quickly went to him but he collapsed in my arms.

"O-Oi! Shittymatsu! What happened to you!?" My voice is shaking.

"I-I'm..... s-sorry.. I.. was n-not... able to.... p-protect them.. after... all.." He stuttered.

I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks.

Why is there blood all over his clothes?

"Wh---" I was interrupted when he put his hand on my cheeks.

"I-Ichimatsu.. P-Please run.. save yourself..." He started coughing up blood.

"S-Shittymatsu.. but I can't leave you here! Where are the others?" My tears won't seem to stop.

"They're all gone... please.. go.. I w-want you... to live." I can feel his hands tremble. He looks really scared but despite that, he still managed to smile at me.

I held his hands despite all the blood.

"Shittymatsu.. I'd rather die than live without you guys." I hugged him for the first time.....

And for the last.

His hands fell on the ground and I couldn't feel any sign of movement coming from him.

I looked at him once more. He looks like he's just peacefully sleeping.

"D-Damn you..... Karamatsu.." I rested my forehead on his chest and shut my eyes.

Then I felt something tug on my shirt.

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the futton, next to Karamatsu.

I quickly sit up and looked at him......

And everyone.

It's night and they're all asleep.

It was only a dream?

Before I knew it, I found myself sobbing while staring at Shittymatsu's face.

He probably heard me because he rubbed his eyes and sit up.

"Huh? I-Ichimatsu? Are you okay?" He's still rubbing his eyes.

Shit.

I wasn't able to help it.

I hugged him.

"I-Ichimatsu?"

I don't care if I look pathetic anymore. I'm just really happy that he's alive and everyone is safe. I couldn't stop crying.

I felt his hands on my hair. He caressed it to comfort me.

"Shh.. It's okay Ichimatsu, your big brother is here for you."

"Eh? What's going on?" I heard Todomatsu asked.

"Is Ichimatsu crying?" Osomatsu sit up.

"Don't worry bruzzahs it just looks likes he had a nightmare. Everything is fine now."

I buried my face on his clothes. I felt embarrassed that everyone is looking at me.

"Alright. Take care of him okay? Karamatsu." Choromatsu said.

"Huggies!" Jyushimatsu yelled.

"I'm glad... everyone is safe." I said. It was like a whimper but I'm pretty sure Shittymatsu heard it.

"Hmph. Don't worry Ichimatsu, I will be here to protect you."

What? Ugh.. Don't say things like that S-Shittymatsu...

(I was fucking sad when I was typing this! Ugh! The feels man!)