Lost Time Memory [Shintaro Kisiragi× Ayano Tateyama]

[Ref: From anime "Mekaku City Actors", From the light novel "Kagerou Days", From music/songs "Kagerou Project", From manga "Kagerou Daze"]

—————————————————

As always I sat beside you, quietly admiring how great you were at almost anything. You were Shintaro Kisiragi, you were a genius even though you're still in high school.

Although you had a horrible attitude and a venomous mouth I know that you were a nice and caring person deep inside.

I know I can't be like you, I'm aware that I'm awkward, clumsy and shameful no less. But even with that, I was happy that you sometimes talked to me whenever I initiated a conversation. Even if you answered me with small quick replies I was fine with that.

I was stupid I'll be honest I had the luck of getting bad grades but whenever I try my hardest I think I can get it right.

"Shintaro, what was your score for the test yesterday?" I asked you happily with a gentle smile I always wore. I was quite proud of my score it was 72 over a hundred. I didn't pass but I was happy with my score since I usually got 56 or below.

I'm really dumb so that's to be expected. I always forget everything I've learned right after learning it. I'm really stupid that way.

You were looking out the window like usual with your elbow on the desk and all when I asked so you turned to face me with that nonchalant expression on your face then you raised a brow at me.

Blinking a bit at my question you flipped your paper on your desk without emotion you told me, "...A perfect score like usual...How about you, I'm sure you failed"

I pouted at your answer. I know too well it was expected of you to get a perfect score and it is expected of me to fail.

"Shintaro~, How can you say I failed when you haven't checked my paper?" I asked puffing out my cheeks. I was a bit sad that you had expected me to fail, even if I did fail.

".....When we were answering I checked your paper and some of your answers were wrong." You informed me of the same emotionless face.

Honestly, I thought you would at least be proud of me that I got a higher score than before. Instead of frowning I smiled at you.

I showed you my paper proudly, "I got 72!"

"You're going to have extra classes this summer." You told me plainly and looked away. You turned your attention back outside the window. I wish you would tell me that I improved.

"Ehehe. Im stupid, you know. So it can't be helped."

My smile wavered but I did my best to plaster it on my face. I shouldn't feel sad, I honestly can't do anything about your attitude.

I took your test paper and started to fold it like usual into a paper crane.

"Look Shintaro!" I showed it to you even if you only gave it a glance.

I set it on your desk. And I smiled again. I know I'm stupid but I'm sure I can put you out of your apathy soon enough. I'm sure I can as long as I stay by your side.

Even if I'm stupid I'm happy that you're my friend. I looked down at my desk looking at my failed test paper. I wish I did better maybe you would have praised me if I did.

But then again you'd just take a quick glance of it and look just was emotionless as always. You were always in an apathetic state.

I smiled to myself thinking about you being happy makes me happy. Thinking about you having friends makes me even happier.