Chapter 5

A cloudy day turned into a cloudy night. The master of the estate was just completing his last rounds of paper work when he received a knock from his door. "Come in." His tone seemed un-phased, his head still buried in work.

"Young master." The butler said as he entered the room, a silver tray in hand. "I have your supper."

"Ah, excellent. Perfect timing too, I could use a break." The Phantomhive boy sighed and stretched his aching back once the pen was out of his hand. The tray was set in front of him and he remained still, he waited for Sebastian to recite his meal. Silence filled the air as Sebastian just stood there.

"Sebastian." Ciel said, "What am I eating tonight?" The butler cleared his throat.

"My apologies." He said, "For tonight, young master, I have prepared a lemon and herb stuffed chicken, one fresh roll, and a lightly salted roasted potato. I hope you enjoy." He bowed and stood back, waiting for the boy to start eating.

"You know," the earl said, "this is the first time I had to ask you what I was eating. You've always just said it to me just before you gave me the tray. Is there something on your mind, Sebastian?"

"Fret nothing about it, my lord. I shall explain once you have finished eating your meal."

"Oh, I see." Ciel hummed.

"But, please, don't let this rush your meal. Please, take your time." He tried to pass it off with a smile.

"Smirks suit you more, Sebastian." Ciel noted and began to eat his meal. "The chicken..." He said.

"What about it?" The butler asked, "Is there something wrong with it?"

"I'll say." Ciel said, "It feels like I'm eating a desert." He put his fork down and looked at Sebastian, his facial expression wanted an explanation.

"I'm sorry my lord." Sebastian said, "Let me make you something else. Something that suits your liking, yes?" he reached in to take the plate away.

"Leave it." Ciel said scornfully as if talking to a dog. "You over cooked the chicken." He said, "Which meant that you were not paying attention to your time. Something else was distracting you. Tell me what that was, I think I have a right to know... Now!" Sebastian sighed, there was no more time to hide it any longer.

"Very well then." He sighed and before he told his master, he summoned for everyone to be in the study. If his master had to know, everyone else did too. "I think you should all know the reason why I brought you here at this time." He said, everyone in the room stayed silent, even Cecilia, a smile spread across the place, she knew what Sebastian was going to stay. "It's about my sister.." He said, "She will be a permanent member of this manor." Everyone but Mei-Rin had the same expression, the maroon haired girl was frowning, and she glared at the butler.

"Why is she staying?" She asked rather bluntly, "Can't she find somewhere else to stay?!"

"Mei-Rin." Ciel said scornfully, his single blue eye stared at her.

"S-sorry master Ciel.." She looked to the ground, angered and humiliated all at once.

"As you were, Sebastian."

"Right, anyway. Mei-Rin, my sister does not have a place to turn to... I'm afraid I'm all she has.." Automatically Cecilia walked towards her brother, and her head rested on her shoulder. "Besides," he said, "I can't abandon..." He took a deep breath and his arm looped around her hip. "I can't abandon...my wife again."

"YOUR WHAT?!"