four

Dave and Darlene fought on and off all night. It was quite tedious after a while, like listening to a bad song over and over again. It was like watching Courtney and I fight, we don't love each other. It's a publicity stunt. I want to know what real love feels like.
  "Happy birthday Kurt!" Krist said as I sat there picking at my breakfast.
  "Thanks Krist." I sighed. "What'd you get me?" I caught Darlene's smile from across the table as she glanced me, then back down at her paper, a pencil in her hand.
  I still do not understand her. She looks innocent and pure, and she talks so softly. It's so illuring I can barely help but think of her.
  "Happy birthday Darlene, happy birthday Kurt." Dave groaned limping into the kitchen, half asleep.
  "Dude sick you two are birthday buddies." Krist spoke, his eyes bloodshot. She shrugged and continued her sketch of god-knows what.
  I try to pick out the bad in people before I can start to like them, the funny thing is that I can't come up with bad things for Darlene. I like the annoying things she does. I don't mind when she borrows things without asking. I don't mind how loud she is when she gets drunk. Or how she speeds and can't park for shit. She has no idea how to cook or use a microwave. It's all oddly... Fascinating?
  I opened dumb gifts from my friends and got a phone call from some family memebers. The whole night became a blur as everyone was past out but Darlene and I.
  "Do you want to hear something crazy?" She asked.
  "Why not." I lit my cigarette.
  "I'm a virgin, hell, I'm 19, I haven't even had my first kiss. I've been blessed with talent and beauty. I don't even want it. I just want to sing."
  "I hear you." I said softly taking a drag.
  "Your looks are nothing, those will rot to shit no matter what. It's what makes your heart beautiful. I've always craved the soul of a poet, you've got that soul Kurt. You've got a beautiful heart, you see things as they are." I didn't real how close my lips were to hers until she pulled away, leaving me speechless, breathless.
  "I wish that was true." I mumbled, hiding behind the cigarette between my teeth.
  "You have no idea how true it is." She spoke standing up and walking to her room. 
  Now I'm sitting here writing about how confused I am. Do I even like her? She's such a spoiled princess, but she's so worth it.
  Even though I am disgusted with humanity there is light, the only light I've ever known. There is a beauty in a desolate tavern, like a flower in a thorn bush. The earth is awake and the grass is green again. Blood rushes through mother earth's veins again and I can feel it. Courtney is pretty, but she doesn't have a heart. Darlene is perfect, will she ever feel the same adrenaline?
  I wrote quickly as my feelings poured out the tip of my pen.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤
  Sorry about the short update, what do y'all think so far??? Also I'm having trouble publishing ugh, bear with me.
  - grunge kid ramona