eleven

Dave sat on the couch across from me, my knuckles had already began bruising and Dave's nose was bleeding like crazy.

  "This isn't what Darlene would have want guys!" Krist was frustrated and I couldn't look anyone in the eye. I thought about Darlene's soft blonde hair and I suddenly didn't feel so angry.  

  "I love her, Dave. I couldn't describe it to you even if I wanted to. You know that summer breeze that just instantly cools you and calms you. Makes everything suddenly alright, you know? She's my summer breeze man. I love everything about her."

  I tossed my bag of ice on the ground and stepped out of our tour bus. Fans waited around screaming as they saw me. I know I should enjoy all the money and attention but it's not satisfying.

  "You don't think I know what that kind of love feels like?" Dave's voice rang out. "I did, at one point."

"What happened?" I asked lighting a cigarette.

  "She doesn't know that I'm aware of all this. And I can't tell you because I'm afraid if you find out you'll hate Darlene and Lucas." Dave began to cry as I pulled him into the back of the bus.

  "What the hell are you talking about?!" I lowered my voice, confused.

  "It was five years ago man, just forget I said anything about it. But Darlene's past is more complicated than you would imagine Kurt. I'm trying to help you man trust me. It's hard for me to hurt you, and see you fall in love with her but you're one of my best friends."

"I can handle her and her past just fine Dave."

"Don't say I didn't warn you Kurt. Don't come to me when she hurts you man."

"She would never hurt me."

"She's hurt lots of people. Don't think you're any different. She hurt me, and Lucas, she can't help it though. She's fucking toxic." Dave disappeared into the stadium we're preforming at.

I tried to focus my mind on the performance but I couldn't seem to get it off of Dave's words. They couldn't all be true. I know she's had a rough time but how much worse could it get?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Suppeerrr short chapter, sorry! Thanks for all the reads and comment and everything! They make me so so happy!

-R