fourteen

I feel like a stargazer. Kurt's eyes remind me of the stars. And how they sparkle.

I don't know why I did what I did. I guess I was afraid, afraid and guilty. For my past and what lies in the future for me and Kurt.

"Darlene." Dave knocked on my door.

"Hey," I spoke awkwardly. "How's Kurt?"

"He misses you."

I twiddled my thumbs looking down at my pale legs in their hospital gown.

"You shouldn't feel guilty about Justice anymore. It was Lucas's baby, it was Lucas's mistake. Not yours." He sat down next to me.

It felt like I was 15 again, with Dave in the hospital and my head on his shoulder as I cried.

"I still feels like I need to pay for what we did. Like life is too good for me considering what we did."

"How is anything good! I acted like a dick and pushed you and Kurt away from each other."

"Well you didn't do to well considering that I'm pregnant."

Dave's eyes lit up and he smiled, god I hadn't seen that dopey smile in so long.

"How are you gonna tell Kurt?"

I shrugged in response.

"Tell Kurt what?" Kurt asked smiling.

I smiled, sadly, all I wanted to do was run up and jump into his arms but I can't leave my bed. He looked sad too as tubes stuck out of my arms.

He ran over and kissed me. There was the taste I craved, the thing on my mind all the time. His lips are sweet like candy, god it's wonderful.

"Dave told me." He said sitting in the uncomfortable chair next to my bed.

"About?"

"Justice," Dave cringed when Kurt said her name but played it off. I felt so bad.

"It wasn't your fault Lucas did all this."

"I let it happen though." 

"You were young, Darlene. You were influenced by drugs and you thought he loved you. He was the one who fucked up."

"Lucas won't stop until he gets to me. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier."

"Why would he want to get to you anyway?" Kurt asked.

"He's still in love with her." Dave slowly spoke, his voice shook slightly.

"If he had the power and drive to send Justice to her death- then he could kill any one of you. If that's what it takes to get to me. Krist, Dave, anyone who takes me away from him."

"How do you know it's this serious?"

"When we were young we would commit countless crimes together and spent every day together. Sometimes he would refer to me as property almost. I thought he was joking about all this."

"Goddammit."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hey I'm back, sorry I've been in the hospital but I'm alright now. Just had a bad patch and my eating disorder took control so I'm sorry for the wait!!

-r