fifteen

The leaves and the wind looked like they danced with her in a swirl of vanilla and cigarettes. As our world is being efficiently robbed of great people- I know she's great. Something about how she makes everyday feel like Sunday. Despite drugs, Sunday as in utter relaxation even when we're on the run.

When Lucas sends her letters of possession. Some are threatening, scary, demonic. Some are desperate and needy. With the will and inclination to hurt and be hurt, yet nobody could see him crack under pressure. And nobody cared when Darlene cracked.

"What if it's a boy?" Darlene asked. "What will we call him?"

"I like the name Andy." I shrugged.

"Like Andy Wood?"

I shrugged again as she continued to walk across the ledge of someone's garden like a balance beam. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders to see the sky darken with a pink and orange tint.

"This really is the time to be alive." Her skin was freezing and pale against mine. I love how the blue veins in her arms flow like rivers.

We jogged up to Dave who stood alone, he smoked a cigarette with his thick black sunglasses hiding his tired eyes.

"Lucas is in custody." Dave spoke.

"Really? When was he arrested?"

"Like an hour ago. Security found him lurking around the hotel."

Darlene sighed, I could tell she was saddened by everything. She told me that Lucas was born angry. Born with some kind of fire in his gut that made him want to hurt others, like he had been hurt.

His anger problem had been discovered at a very young age, as he always wanted to fight. He even bit his mother while she nursed him.

Darlene put out the fire, she has a cooling affect like that. But Darlene was his love complex, the only one he had.

Her head nuzzled into the crook of my neck as we stood there, Dave finishing his smoke.

---------------
sorry about the wait, I hope y'all enjoy anyway. -roma