ten

"You have to understand Kurt, Dave comes from a protective place. He has trouble expressing his anger and confusion. It's been like that ever since I was put in Silver Tree."

   "He needs to know his place though." Kurt mumbled flicking his cigarette into the lake.

   "I know he just wants to make sure we don't hurt each other." My arms were wrapped around his right arm and I cuddled up against him in the cold beginnings of spring.

   There was sadness in his eyes and a look that I recognized from before I kissed him. Unreachable.

  "Don't let it get you down. My flight leaves in an hour so we still have some time. And I'll call you everyday," I kissed his cheek, I love the way his stubble felt on my skin. "And I will write you so many songs."

  He smiled. "It's just not the same."

Kurt is right, it isn't the same. We walked down the streets with our cigarettes as we let paparazzi snap pictures of us holding hands. Krist and Kurt had both told me if you just walk past like no one is there, they go away quicker. It felt like my time left with Kurt went by too fast.

"I can't believe it!" All my friends say, crowding around me.

  "It was like a dream. Like something other than the band mattered."

  Amelia hugged me as well as Lucas and Panna. "That is so unlike Dave!"

  "I know Amelia. I have no idea what's gotten into him I guess he just wants to protect me. Kurt would never hurt me though."

   That night seemed so long and cold. I already missed Kurt. His arms were warm and his lips were soft against my neck. This bed feels small without him in it and my cigarettes taste bitter. Everything feels different.

  "At least you got a taste of our broodingly suicidal genius." Lucas sighed sitting on the edge of my bed.

  "He wasn't brooding or suicidal. Poetic definitely but, he's just an amazing man. And he loves Abba. Man we danced to Abba in our hotel room. He's just perfect and kind and warm."

  "That's love Dar. You fall and it comes right back to bite you in the ass. Maybe you should just forget about Kurt."

   "You know I can't do that." I slouched back into my cocoon of blankets. "We were talking about marriage Lucas. Marriage in Hawaii, in our pajamas."

  I could see there was sadness in his eyes. He loved me like that once, I loved him too. But no one can ever know what happened between us.

  "Lucas. Dave doesn't know, and Kurt absolutely cannot know what happened." He looked down, ashamed as I spoke.

  "It was a long time ago, do you really think he'd care about something we did when we were 15, Darlene?"

  "It still happened didn't it! We covered it up well but I don't want to take any chances- I really can't lose him. I've lost so much I can't do this anymore."

  "Alright. We've kept it hidden for five years. What's a little longer."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sorry it's been so long but thank you for reading, I recently changed the format of my writing and added in paragraphs, if you have any other suggestions I'd love to take them!!
  Love,
              Roma