Dark secrets-1

"Rubi, would you please call abaan or anyone? "I asked annoyingly.

"I am sorry. they all are busy right now, I can't disturb them," she replied.

"I want to go," I said stubbornly and tried to leave.

"No, you can't leave." she followed me and said softly.

"You are not understanding, I am getting late for my work." I threw my hands in the air and sat back in the chair.

"You can't leave without their permission." she insisted.

I ignored her, got up from the chair, and headed towards the door.

Rubi grabbed my hand so tightly that I almost screamed. I never thought that this skeletal figure girl had that much power in her hands.

I looked at her in pain.

She looked down, loosening her grip, and muttered-"I am sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I can't let you leave if i.... " she stopped.

"If you..? " I asked curiously.

She maintained her silence.

I asked again-" Rubi?is there something? which is bothering you? You can share."

Slowly she looked up at me. I could see that she was trying to move her lips to utter something but before she could say anything, suddenly Jannet entered into the room and interrupted while walking towards us-" don't you think Rubi, you are talking too much these days. you know I don't like gossiping, right?"

Rubi was looking so scared. I could see her legs were trembling in fear. she was constantly looking at the floor.

Jannet came near her and placed her hand on her shoulder-"right Rubi?"

She stammered – "I...I..am so...sorry."

I protested – "why are you sorry? you didn't do anything. we were not gossiping."

"Oh Dhani sweetheart, I am not talking with you.  servants should know their limits, we should keep them always in our control. " Jannet faked a sweet tone.

"No,  I don't think so. they are human too,  we can't treat them like this, did you noticed, she is trembling. look at her I think something wrong happened with her." I lose my voice.

"What's wrong? did she tell you anything like that? " She narrowed her eyes.

"No,  but I can feel," I replied.

Rubi took a glimpse of me.

Jannet came close to me,  looked on my face for a while, and said in anger – "fine.  ask her. ask her that what wrong has happened to her, do we torture her? beat her? treat her bad? ask her now." she pressurized on her every word.

I looked at them both,   I don't understand where did I get this much courage from. I was a timid girl,  who never protested for her self in front of my uncle and aunt.

"They are good people, they never did anything wrong with me. "Rubi's meowing voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

Jannet shrugged and said wittily-"see."

She walked towards Rubi and ordered-"you can leave now."

Rubi left the room.

Jannet turned towards me,  came back to her fake sweet tone - "sweetheart, today we have a small party in our mansion and I would like to invite you. you will be our special guest."

"Thank you so much, Jannet but I want to leave now."I requested.

"Where ? "she rose her both eyebrows and asked surprisingly.

"To my work. "I replied flatly.

She smirked and said- "work?  you don't need to work anymore sweetheart."

"What? What do you mean? " I questioned confusingly.

She rubbed her palms together, came close, and said- " You will get the answer soon.be prepared. "She smiled mysteriously and left.

Only I knew how I killed my time,  there was nothing in this room.no television, no music system, no books.  I spent my whole day looking outside the window. there was beautiful scenery, I could hear birds singing and wind blowing,  greenery all around, lake,  swans everything was exquisite,  so perfect.                                                                                I felt a bit relaxed for some time.
I waited for Abaan for the whole day. they sent me breakfast and lunch in the room but no one came to visit me, not even Rubi.
Around 7 p.m, Rubi came into the room with a box in her hand.

"Are you okay? "I asked Rubi.

She nodded and handed me the box.
"What's this? "I asked.

"There are dresses, jewelry, makeup kits for you. "She answered.

I got excited after all who doesn't like to receive this kind of stuff. I jumped on the box and took a look at the stuff.
"These all are so beautiful." I turned my face towards Rubi and said excitedly.

But she was expressionless.

I was busy digging into the box when I heard Rubi's voice- "I want to talk with you." the first time I saw an expression on her face, that was of concern and nervousness.

"Yes? "I asked seriously.

"Not now, you get ready and come to the hall. they all are waiting for you. "She turned her back to leave.

I followed her and asked- "Rubi? Is anything wrong?"

She turned towards me, looked around, and whispered-"Everything is wrong here."

"What do you mean? "I asked wonderingly.

she held me both hands, the first time she made eye contact with me and said as fast as she could- "You should leave, as soon as possible."

I looked at her shocked, this zombie looking girl was acting differently now(differently means normally I guess). anyway, I asked her in curiosity -"Bu...but why? what's wrong?"

"Abaan is not right for you. not even that ahaan or Jannet," she said confidently.

"What? "I asked shockingly.

"Leave him, forget him. he is not the right guy for you. " She squeezed my hands and said with so much concern.
I pulled both hands from hers and asked angrily- "Why would I believe in you, you are just a servant?"

"But could you believe in Abaan's wife? "She said.

I asked blankly- "Abaan's wife? abaan has a wife?who?"

Her one-word flipped my whole world.

She answered - "ME."

Hello friends...plz keep voting✌🏻
Luv u all...