Chapter 2

Edited  :)

Chapter 2: Storm

 BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My alarm clock went off. I groaned and rolled over so I could turn it off. I got out of bed to take a nice hot shower. I only get to take hot showers when my dad is away.  When I was done I got dressed in black skinny jeans a grey love pink sweatshirt and black boots that go to my knee but do not have a heel. I find it funny because almost every time when my dad is done using me as a punching bag he goes and buys me some new cloth.

                I walked down stairs into the kitchen. I made myself some eggs. I made a mental note to get eggs so dad has some when he gets back. I sat there staring at the keys. Should I or should I not? I bit my bottom lip. No I don’t think so I’ll just walk. I don’t want an extra beating. I shook my head and went out the front door.  

                When I finally got to the school I tripped and fell onto my face. I looked up see that nobody saw that. I smiled in relief. I looked up at the clouds and asked (in my head.) god, why did you make me so clumsy? I picked up my black backpack and started walking again. I checked the time on my watch and saw that I have twenty minutes. I sat down on a bench and started doing a cross word that’s extra credit in social study.  

                A shadow went over my paper and I looked up to see a girl with long brown hair that goes to her mid back and green eyes. Her glossed lips were chewing and snapping on a piece of gum.  She smiled down at me. I didn’t know if I should stay or run. Her cloths looked designe; white skinny jeans with a pink sweatshirt and her brown Coach high tops.

                “Hey,” she said popping her gum. “The names Sarah.”

                “Hi I’m Valarie but you can call me Val,” I said biting on my lip.

                “You’re new here. Right?” she asked.  I nodded. “Well then consider me your first friend.” I smiled up at her. She sat on the bench next to me. She handed me a piece of bubble gum. I smiled and said thank you.

                I groaned when the bell rang I don’t want to go to first period. Sarah laughed at me.

                “Oh come on Val school isn’t that bad,” she said.

                “Wanna bet?” I asked.  

                “Wait let me see your schedule I think we have all the same classes,” she said. I handed her my schedule. She let out a shriek. “We have all the same classes!”  We made our way to English. When we arrived there were around ten people in there. Looks like we were early. We took seats in the back. Sarah’s on the edge mine right next to her.

                Sarah and I were talking about getting together this weekend. I might as well as live it up with not wanting to have my dad back. I gulped. If he found out of my friends then I was chop liver. The bell rang and not a second later walked Dylan, Noah, and Jack. Dylan sat in the seat next to mine and the rest fill in a row. Jack turned around and looked at me and winked. My eyebrows raised. I heard Dylan growl. Wait growl? Like a dog? Well that’s weird.

                Class went by slow. I didn’t pay attention. I just wanted lunch. Lunch! Lunch!

                “Lunch!” Sarah screamed. And I thought I was hungry. I laughed at Sarah.

                “Someone is a little hyper?” I asked.