Chapter 11.

Edited!!

CHAPTER 11

Val’s P.O.V

I stirred awake and looked around franticly. I tried to sit but there is tan buff arm locked around my waist. Oh god what happen last night? I slowly turned around to see myself staring at a sleeping Dylan.  My breaths quicken. Oh god, the memories came back to me in over flow. What is he doing here? I didn’t know if I should scream or, or, I don’t know! I close my eyes and try to control my breathing.

                “You ok Val?” I heard Dylan ask. I froze. Crap, he is awake.

                “F-f-fine,” I stuttered.

                “Ok Val I can explain,” He told me looking me straight in the eyes.

                I looked him straight in the eyes. What beautiful eyes he had. Ok way off track. “Yeah you have a lot of explain to do,” I told him sternly.

                “First we both need to get dressed and eat because I’m starving. Get dressed and meet me in the kitchen,” he demanded before leaving. I looked down at what I was wearing, a huge white t shirt and yellow booty shorts. I felt my checks redden as I looked.

                I got up and walked over to my closet. I looked outside to see the weather; it looked fairly nice but a bit chilly. It looks like summer out there even though it’s the middle of May. I grabbed a pair of jean comprise that had hole in the knee with a plain purple t shirt. Once I combed my hair and brushed my teeth I made my way down to the kitchen.

                I didn’t know how hungry I was till I smelt the food. Mmhhh, it smells so good. I could smell bacon and French toast. I can’t even remember the last time I had bacon or French toast. I moved my hand to my mouth to make sure I wasn’t drooling. Nope all good. I reached the bottom of the stairs to see Dylan cooking. A man that can cook…

                “H-h-ey,” I said my voice shaking.

                “Hey Val. Breakfast is almost done,” He said. I nodded my head at him.

                 We stayed in silence; I didn’t know what to say. Truth be told I wanted to curl up in a corner and cry. I felt sorry for myself. For everything that has happen. My mom dying, my dad abusing me, seeing what I did last night. Everything. I felt pity for myself. This is not good.

                “Here you go,” Dylan said placing a plate of food in front of me. The bacon and French toast looked and smelled mouthwatering. I need to start eating before I start drooling.  He placed a cup of orange juice on the right side of the plate. I nodded my thanks then dug in.

                The food was as good as it looked. Man did I love it. When we were done eating Dylan took the plates and washed them off. I waited till he sat down before I started to question him.

                “What are you?” I asked. That was the question that has been nagging at my brain all day, well as long as I been up.

                “I’m a werewolf or a wolf shifter. There are different kinds of werewolves. The lowest class is the hybrids, they can only turn when there is a full moon, and they don’t have that much control over themselves either. Omega is the plain werewolf, like a regular one. They can turn into their wolf form whenever they want to; they have control except for full moons. Beta and feta is the second command in a pack. Alphas are in control, they are the strongest, fastest. They also can turn whenever they want.”

                “What class are you?” I was kind of afraid of the answer.

                “Alpha,” He told me.

                “Oh,” I said. “How did it happen?”

                “Way back in the early 1800, no one know what the real date is, there was this crazy guy named Stephen. He was crazy because he claimed he could talk to animals. It was one cold night and he went wondering through the woods. He was throwing rock and having a good ole time. Then a bear came out of nowhere and attacked him. He had most of the skin ripped off on his left thigh. He was super close to dying but a wolf howled in the distance. He bear ran off scared and a grey wolf appeared in its place.  The wolf walked up to him and licked the injury, healing it instantly. Since the wolf’s saliva got into his blood system somehow he turned into a wolf on the next full moon. That’s how the werewolf came to be.”

                “Really? That’s sounds-”

                “Unreal?”

                I nodded my head and said, “Yeah.” We sat in silence for a while. Could that really happen? I swallowed.

                “Val?” I heard Dylan ask. He looked at me with worry in his eyes. “Are you ok?”

                “Yeah,” I said with a fake smile. I felt better that he told me the truth.

                “Ok there is something I need to tell. Every werewolf has a mate. A mate is like the other half, soul mate, the one that a wolf supposed to spend its life with.” I felt tears prick my eyes. This is where he tells me we can’t be together. “You are my mate.”

                My head when up so fast I bet you could hear it crack. I’m Dylan’s mate? Well that didn’t sound so bad after all.