Chapter 9

Edited :)

Chapter 9

“Val,” I heard someone whisper in my ear. They shook me a little but I didn’t open my eyes. Sleep felt way too good. First day out of hospital and all I wanted was to sleep and hang with Dylan. I heard the person sigh. I thought the person was leaving but the side of the bed next to me went down. Please don’t pout want on me I begged silently.

                I felt warm, sweet, tender kisses on my neck. My eyes shot open. I was shocked. I looked to the side of me to see a smirking Dylan.

                “Hey cuddle buddy,” he says with a wink. Ok so I wasn’t dreaming about last night.

                “Hi,” I said with a sweet smile.

                “I think you have the cutest bed head,” he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and patted my hair down.

                “So did you wake me up so you could tease me?” I asked with raised eye brows. Truth be told I didn’t mind being teased by him, not one bit.

                “Me teasing? No I was giving you a- ,” he got cut off when the door swung opened.

                “Hey there Val,” I heard a guy’s voice say. I looked up to see Jack with a small sad smile on his lips.

                “Hey Jack,” I said. I smiled up at him and he seemed to relax.

                “Seem like you’re doing better,” Jack noted.

                “A lot better,” I said shaking my head yes.

                “Well sorry to interrupt but Dylan we need to get a move on,” he said.

                “Were?” I asked. I titled my head to the side like a lost puppy.  

                “Just having a guy’s day out. Don’t worry Val I’ll be back before bed time,” Dylan said with a wink. I felt my face go red. Jack laughed.

                “Don’t worry your pretty little head I’ll take care of him,” Jack said before turning out the door and leaving me alone with Dylan. I looked over at him to see that he was already looking at me. Why does his man always looking at me?!

                “Well you better hurry, don’t want to keep Jack and the other boys waiting,” I said.

                “Will you be fine?” he asked.

                “Dylan I’m basically an adult,” I said annoyed. I shook my head.

                “Fine but when I get back you better be in bed waiting for your cuddle buddy,” he said looking me straight into my eyes.

                “I will,” I said. “Bye.”

                “Bye,” he said walking over to me and kissed me on my forehead. He walked out of the door but not before giving me one last glance. I lay back down in bed.  I played with the comfy bed spread. I heard the front door slam shut. I didn’t know if Carly was here or Corrine but I didn’t really care I wanted sleep.

                I shut my eyes. A few minutes go by before I hear a howl. I sat up shocked; it sounded less than five feet away. I close my eyes taking deep breaths. I slowly open them again and rolled my neck. I hear it again. It sounded so far away but yet I felt a connection it the wolf who is howling.

                Storm. He flashed into my mind.  Haven’t seen him in a while. I wonder if that is him howling? Too bad I’m too lazy to find out.

Dylan’s P.O.V

                I walked out the front door somewhat slamming it. I looked by the edge of the woods and saw a dark brown wolf standing there. Jack. I could see annoyance in his eyes. Huh I wonder what that is about. I jogged over to him. I changed into my black wolf and let out a long howl.

                I saw the rest of the pack coming up. I nodded my head at them to follow. They did. We ran though the wood to the open circle. It took another twenty minutes to get everyone here. Once everyone is here I changed into my human form. I heard a scream come from the edge of the circle.

Val’s P.O.V

   I tossed and turned in the bed. I slowly got up. I could still hear the faint howl in the background. I should go check that out.